Enemy spawn with hitbox?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Give Sound to the enemies that are part of your game! :)
  • I was thinking about creating random enemy spawns in the game (which is a platformer type game).

However, I keep running into problems.

Now, the enemy is fine if I manually place him. He is pinned to his hitbox at the start, and all is well.

However, when I have the game spawn him at a spawn point, he is no longer pinned to his hitbox.

I moved the enemy outside the layout and set him to destroy outside layout so he wouldn't interfere.

I put the enemy and the hitbox in a container, and they both do spawn. They just aren't pinned. The enemy is stuck in place while the hitbox chases me around.

I created the random enemy spawn by an event with system > create family (enemies) at a specific location.

I don't know how to get the enemy pinned to the hitbox after he spawns. I already have code that was supposed to pin them (on start of layout, pin enemy to hitbox).

• Could you post your .capx? Maybe I could find a solution :)

• Create hitbox (if the enemy is in a container the enemy will be created too)

Enemy on created - pin to hitbox

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Create hitbox (if the enemy is in a container the enemy will be created too)

Enemy on created - pin to hitbox

That's what I was looking for! Thanks.

I had to also add an event to set the position of the enemy to the hitbox, and I had to adjust the origin point of the hitbox since it was off.

It seems to work now. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)