Enter car not working

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:55 pm

I am trying to make my character enter a car and drive it. When I try to enter the car my character enters but immediately exits the car. I have tried to fix this but nothing has worked yet. Could someone help?

Here is the link: h t t p s : / / w w w . d r o p b o x . c o m / s / m 5 c x w 6 d s h 8 g p 1 c n / o n g e l m a . p n g ? d l = 0

And sorry, I just started using construct 2
Last edited by MistyDuck on Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B

Post » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:06 pm

MistyDuck wrote:I am trying to make my character enter a car and drive it. When I try to enter the car my character enters but immediately exits the car. I have tried to fix this but nothing has worked yet. Could someone help?

You really haven't provided anyway near enough information.

To prevent pointless posting and guesswork, it is preferable to either provide screenshots of your Events or a .capx.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:07 pm

We will need a little more.. a link to your capx in a dropbox folder would help a lot (put spaces in the html link here so it shows as text since you won't have permission to post actual link yet). Or explain what events/actions you are using.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:26 pm

I just updated my post so the link is there.
B

Post » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:32 pm

I believe your issue is that with the speed the code is running the touching car condition and var=1 condition are happening immediately after the variable is set to 1 by the entering event...
You will need to either use a click or tap instead of a touch or put a delay before the variable is changed to 1 to allow player time to stop touching vehicle...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:50 am

Ok thanks for answering. I solved the problem by creating a new button for exiting the car.
B

Return to Beginner's Questions