Epic Platformer (Game Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:28 am

Hi all

Both Construct 2 and Construct 3 is now supported!

Download (https://www.scirra.com/store/downloads) version 1.5 to get the C3 template version.

Enjoy!
Kind Regards,
Mikael Thomsen
www.solunasoftware.com
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Hi! I am very new to the more involved parts of C2/C3 and needed some assistance with two things in your template.

1) Changing hit area: I made my character larger than the original size and need to increase the hit area of the melee weapon. How do I do that?

2) Player dying when falling in pit/water: I needed to have the player lose all health when she falls in the water. I was trying to have a collision event between the playerbox and the water to make health -1 and start die animation, fade out and respawn but it doesn't work. Thoughts?

Thanks!
B

Post » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:58 am

Hi tmrussell145

1. When calling function CreateHurtArea you just adjust pararm2. 1 means 100%. So change it to e.g. 1.5 will increase hurt in the area to 150%. Hint: if DebugStateIsOn is 1 then you will be able to briefly see the actual hurt areas when you play the game.

2. Can be solved this in many ways. I would add an instance variable to family Hurts named Damage. In group 'Player taking damage', in 'Is PlayerBox overlapping Hurts' I would reduce the Players health with the given damage from the variable Damage.

Good luck with your game - and please provide a link to the game when it's finish. I would love to play it. :-)
Kind Regards,
Mikael Thomsen
www.solunasoftware.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:33 pm

This was a big waste of money. The code is super messy and explains nothing. Don't even think of changing anything in it ether or the whole thing go's to glitch town. Plus no refunds on Scirra store. I put this so called "Template" in the best place possible. The trash bin.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:17 am

Hi RetroGamer3.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You are the very first person that dislike the template :-/

Could you please be more precise about the problems you face? Or what you expected from the template? I would be happy to improve the template if possible.
Kind Regards,
Mikael Thomsen
www.solunasoftware.com
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Scirra Store