Epic Platformer (Game Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:51 am

Hello,

I purchased your template and I can't get the file to open because the plugin and behavior add-ons aren't installed. I didn't see any of the .caddon files in the plugin and behavior folders so that I can install. Is there something missing or am I supposed to install them a certain way?

Updated:

And never mind! I figure out that I had to use the install path method. Everything's working. Great template!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:24 pm

Hi YoHoho.

I'm glad you got it working. The readme file should explain how to installed the extra plugins :)
Kind Regards,
Mikael Thomsen
www.solunasoftware.com
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:49 am

Looking awesome rly, great job!

I will love to know what kind of programming/scripting knowledge do I need for build my own levels, customize it a little bit and so on.
I'm on the artist side so will love to pick it up if its affordable enough for me :)

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:49 am

Hello, I also purchased your template. Controller support would be really nice.

I also noticed if you fire a gun the character stays in place and can’t move for the duration of shooting. He´s basically glued to the floor.

Can this be modified, to allow a more run-and-gun style of gameplay? Think of something like MegaMen for example.
B

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 am

chosensha wrote:I will love to know what kind of programming/scripting knowledge do I need for build my own levels, customize it a little bit and so on.
I'm on the artist side so will love to pick it up if its affordable enough for me :)

Hi chosensha. One of the top strenght in Construct 2 is how easy it is to create the logic in your game. You do not need to know anything about scripting or even programming. If you are very new to Construct 2 then I would recommend to download the free version and play around with it for a while. When you select New, Project (in Construct 2) you will be presented with many small templates (including a very small platformer template) that are included within the tool. Spending some hours playing around with them will give you a good hint about what it takes to "do programming" in Construct 2.

Regarding building levels using the Epic Platformer template, it is all about using the designer in Construct 2 and place graphics (drap & drop or copy & paste) on layouts and layers to make an interesting level. :-)
Last edited by Soluna Software on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kind Regards,
Mikael Thomsen
www.solunasoftware.com
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:46 am

kuze86 wrote:Hello, I also purchased your template. Controller support would be really nice.
I also noticed if you fire a gun the character stays in place and can’t move for the duration of shooting. He´s basically glued to the floor.
Can this be modified, to allow a more run-and-gun style of gameplay? Think of something like MegaMen for example.

Hi kuze86. Yes it should be very easy to implement. Just disable this line:

I have not tested it extensively, but it should work.
Kind Regards,
Mikael Thomsen
www.solunasoftware.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:00 am

Hello, I noticed that the rope climb (hand over hand) animation does not play.

I also want to ask where I can turn of the shaking of the player sprite while shooting with certain weapons?

Also diagonal shooting would be a nice feature (press a modifier button to shoot 45 degrees up and another for 45 degrees down, maybe hold up to shoot upward)

Thank you.
B

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:48 am

Hi Kuze86

The 'rope climb' animation plays fine on my computer. Can you post a gif showing the problem? Did you perhaps change the code/graphics?

Regarding shaking, the player only play an animation on shoot. There is no shake. Again, can you post a gif showing the issue. If you have changed the graphics, then please check the origins point (if set wrong on some frames, the player will properly "shake").

Diagonal shooting sounds awesome! I will consider adding it to the template.

Thanks for your feedback.
Kind Regards,
Mikael Thomsen
www.solunasoftware.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:14 pm

I wanted to ask what would be the best/easiest way to create similar enemies that have added conditions? An example would be having the plant enemy shoot a fireball at the player when the player is within a certain distance.

With my knowledge I was going to try the following: Cloning the plant -> changing the colors -> adding fireball bullet. However, I'm not sure how the enemy family instances are being created... or whatever. Sometimes cloning/duplicating doesn't work properly because of how things are named within the sprite AND the events so I wanted to ask. Following the PDF and the .capx is pretty easy. Any help would be appreciated and thanks again for creating this great template.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:34 pm

This template looks interesting. I just added it to my wishlist to buy it later. I am wondering, however, with a few "tweaks" If I'll be able to add melee weapons/combat to it. I have a project that I'll be using that on :)
Freefall Bird
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store