Error loading project

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi all, first of all, I wasn't sure if this was a bug, or just a simple error. So I'm posting it here.

Well, the problem is that when I try to open one of my projects, this error appears:

Error loading project
---------------------
Failed to open project
\\?\C\Users\...

Cannot find object texture fie "Player_tank_smog" in the project texture folder. Check the file has not been removed or renamed.
Under element: c2project \ object-folder \ object-type \ line 268, column 9

The file maybe invalid. Try checking the file in a text editor (Projects are saved in XML format).
-------------------------
OK

But I really didn't change/remove anything!
I was working on the project a few hours ago, saved it as usual, closed C2 as usual, went away and came back after a few hours as usual, tried to open it... and this error appeared.

PS: I'm using C2 r126 Steam
PS 2: The address that this error shows me, doesn't exist in windows actually!! And it changes every time I try to open the project (Weird?).

Please help me, I had worked days and nights on that project, it was a nice thing really.

[Thanks for reading]
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 21, 2013 11:56 am

Please help me guys! Or at least give me a conclusion about what the problem is/might be!
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 21, 2013 3:43 pm

when I have bugs like that I just try using different things to do what i'm trying or rearrange it
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 22, 2013 9:41 am

But I have exactly no idea about what the problem is! And besides, I cannot even edit the project nor rearrange it, since I can't open it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 22, 2013 11:15 am

I have had this also, luckily i just reloaded an older save and lost 20 mins of work...

I think it's looking for a temp directory that your project is stored in when editing, If you have system cleaning software sometimes this can delete files in this directory I believe, do you not have a recent back up, to go back to?...
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 22, 2013 12:15 pm

If it's a .capx, rename it to .zip and extract it. Now you have a folder based project.

Create an empty image file with the name it says is missing, and the project should open.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 22, 2013 5:48 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] If it's a .capx, rename it to .zip and extract it. Now you have a folder based project.

Create an empty image file with the name it says is missing, and the project should open.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks!! It worked!! Thanks again!

[QUOTE=Pixel perfick] I have had this also, luckily i just reloaded an older save and lost 20 mins of work...

I think it's looking for a temp directory that your project is stored in when editing, If you have system cleaning software sometimes this can delete files in this directory I believe, do you not have a recent back up, to go back to?...[/QUOTE]

Well, no. I didn't really do anything special. Unfortunately I didn't have copies of it but luckily, I could have it back, special thanks to Ashley!!
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi.

In which folder did you place your missing image? I am having the same issue.
B
S

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 6:14 pm

@Ldk

This thread is nearly a year old :)
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 6:30 am

I know. Found the correct folders eventually. Had to create a new project and save it as a project. I have always saved all my stuff as a single file and havent seen any folder structures.
Managed to recover 6 hours of work.
B
S

Next

Return to How do I....?