Error message v208+

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

Always get this error when booting C2 since v208:

[quote:1slfyd7t]---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

---------------------------

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

ACE table: Expression ID duplicated in ACE table

Condition: exp_ids.find(id) == exp_ids.end()

File: c:\c2\source\exporters\html5\..\..\common\ERAHelpers.h

Line: 269

Function: void __cdecl era::ACETable::AddExpression(int,int,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,const class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,void (__cdecl *)(const class era::StaticResult **,int,class era::StaticEvaluation *))

Build: release 209 (64-bit) checked

Component: HTML5 exporter

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Don't know if it is a third party plugin or something that causes this? But it started as soon as I updated C2 to v208

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open c2 v208+

Observed Result

Error message on every boot

Expected Result

No errors

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64Bit

Construct 2 Version ID

V209

• Anonnymitet

The only definitive way to determine is for you to post a small .capx that exhibits the problem (bug reporting guideline).

Likely a non-standard plugin issue. Try uninstalling, moving (or deleting) the remaining folder, and reinstall.

Does the error still occur?

If not, add your non-standard plugins one at a time to determine the broken one.

• zenox98 I didn't post a capx because it has nothing to do with it. It always happens when I boot C2.

But it's probably a third party plugin so I'll try to find out which one it is.

Thank you

UPDATE:

Removed all plugins and behaviours and reinstalled c2 v209 and still get the error. So something else has to be causing this error. But it doesn't matter much because if I click "try again" it boots up as normal. Just want to know why I keep getting this annoying message.

• This usually happens when you install a broken third party plugin. I'm going to close this on the assumption it's that. Please file a new report (with .capx etc) if you can reproduce this with only official plugins/behaviors.

• Ashley As I said in the update on the last post this message appears even after a clean install with no third party plugins. But if I click "try again" it boots up. So I can still use C2 but I always get the error on launch.

But I can live with it as long as it doesn't break my game

• Anonnymitet

Are you installing from Steam or standalone?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • zenox98 I'm using the standalone verison

• Anonnymitet - when you say a "clean install", are you also deleting %appdata%\Construct2? Otherwise your third party plugins, behaviors and effects may be left behind from a previous install. Nobody else is reporting this so it seems very likely the cause.

• Ashley And that was the problem. The photon plugin was stored in the appdata folder and was causing the error message. After deleting it C2 opens without any error messages. Thank you and sorry for the bug report.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)