Error moving groups

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hello, in this gif I move two groups, at the end the groups disappear and the result is that they are now subgroups of "Group 2".

Groups should be just below the group "Group", that is where should be positioned.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/testGroups.capx

------------------------

Case 2:

You can not move a subgroup down other subgroups.

You must move the other subgroups up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For case 1, it is important how far to the left you are moving the cursor of your mouse.

You see the preview quickly shifting from an indented line to a plain line and likely before/when you drop the groups you actually move the mouse back to an indented line (that makes a little arrow with an indent instead of a plain line on start of "Group").

It is important also to place your mouse to the top, towards the group you want to move the groups to. In your gif, I suspect you actually have your mouse overing Group2 on drop.

Do place it to the extreme left of the top group and make sure the preview represents what you are aiming to do and the moved groups won't be sub-groups but same level groups.

Like for any event.

I can confirm that when you use the preview and position correctly your mouse the groups are moved where and as intended.

• Ok, in the first case it is true what you say and now I could do well moving the mouse to the part left but it is unclear why the gif you can see that the line is so ----------------, not is >--------------------- but the group has just introduced into subgroups, it should be fixed because it is confusing.

In case 2, I think it would be nice to fix that.

Thanks!.

• In case 2, I think it would be nice to fix that.

It would be nice but ive lived with it for so long ill probably still drag groups up to order them

• Another strange thing is that when you create a group indicating a particular condition, the group is created out of the condition, the group is created above the condition is not created within it.

The event is created correctly within the condition (pressing key B) but the group is created outside the group, the group is created above the condition.

• This is another strange thing, I do not know if it's a bug or something I do not understand the functioning of C2.

If the "Group 2" group is enabled the condition "Else var = 4" is not executed when the global variable "var" has the value 4.

For run the condition when "var" is = 4, then you must disable the "Group 2" group.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/testGroup2.capx

• for the last one, I think we can consider Group2 to be true (active), so the else isn't trigerred.

I think internally C2 treats groups the same way as the "Is group active" condition

• Another strange thing is that when you create a group indicating a particular condition, the group is created out of the condition, the group is created above the condition is not created within it.

The event is created correctly within the condition (pressing key B) but the group is created outside the group, the group is created above the condition.

There you are just missusing C2. If you want to create the group as sub-event of the event "Else/Var=4" and before the blank sub-event, strictly select the blank sub-event, not the top-level event.

This is another strange thing, I do not know if it's a bug or something I do not understand the functioning of C2.

If the "Group 2" group is enabled the condition "Else var = 4" is not executed when the global variable "var" has the value 4.

For run the condition when "var" is = 4, then you must disable the "Group 2" group.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/testGroup2.capx

ELSE is meant to execute only when the event previously to it hasn't executed.

Groups are considered events (hence why they count into the total number of events of the project). So when running through your "Group2" empty group, else considers the previous event has executed, and so won't execute the current event.

• > Another strange thing is that when you create a group indicating a particular condition, the group is created out of the condition, the group is created above the condition is not created within it.

>

> The event is created correctly within the condition (pressing key B) but the group is created outside the group, the group is created above the condition.

>

>

>

There you are just missusing C2. If you want to create the group as sub-event of the event "Else/Var=4" and before the blank sub-event, strictly select the blank sub-event, not the top-level event.

> This is another strange thing, I do not know if it's a bug or something I do not understand the functioning of C2.

>

> If the "Group 2" group is enabled the condition "Else var = 4" is not executed when the global variable "var" has the value 4.

> For run the condition when "var" is = 4, then you must disable the "Group 2" group.

>

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/testGroup2.capx

>

>

>

ELSE is meant to execute only when the event previously to it hasn't executed.

Groups are considered events (hence why they count into the total number of events of the project). So when running through your "Group2" empty group, else considers the previous event has executed, and so won't execute the current event.

I really just wanted to create a subgroup within the condition, the sub-event is just to show that is created within the condition but the group is created out.

I just wanted to create the subgroup without the subevent created in the gif.

So how you create a subgroup within the condition without a subevent ?.

The other cuestion, I think I understand what you say.

• [quote:j5uueswp]I really just wanted to create a subgroup within the condition, the sub-event is just to show that is created within the condition but the group is created out.

Well you only create a sub-group from an existing selected group.

Otherwise you just create a group (top level).

So it will be created at the same level as the top level event and you will have to move it later, or create a blank sub-event, select the sub-event and then create a group.

It's a matter of hierarchy and it's logical.

Also, I'm not much a fan of using "sub-groups" within events, not too sure this is a good way to go.

Always prefer to use functions if you need some code you intend to reuse or "option out".

That's the best way to go about things I think, keep groups to organizing purposes mostly, it is safer.

• [quote:2nma78x4]I really just wanted to create a subgroup within the condition, the sub-event is just to show that is created within the condition but the group is created out.

Well you only create a sub-group from an existing selected group.

Otherwise you just create a group (top level).

So it will be created at the same level as the top level event and you will have to move it later, or create a blank sub-event, select the sub-event and then create a group.

It's a matter of hierarchy and it's logical.

Also, I'm not much a fan of using "sub-groups" within events, not too sure this is a good way to go.

Always prefer to use functions if you need some code you intend to reuse or "option out".

That's the best way to go about things I think, keep groups to organizing purposes mostly, it is safer.

Ok, I find it a little confusing but I'll have to adapt.

Thanks for the info.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)