Error when editing signature

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:14 am

I'm getting this error when I edit my signature:

[code]Server Error in '/' Application.

String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2073486
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5064444
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +215
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +178
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +137
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +316
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +113
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +344
   System.Data.Linq.StandardChangeDirector.DynamicUpdate(TrackedObject item) +83
   System.Data.Linq.StandardChangeDirector.Update(TrackedObject item) +232
   System.Data.Linq.ChangeProcessor.SubmitChanges(ConflictMode failureMode) +643
   System.Data.Linq.DataContext.SubmitChanges(ConflictMode failureMode) +378
   UserProfile.UpdateProfile(Object sender, EventArgs e) +4896
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
[/code]
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:26 pm

I've had the same when I was trying to use the url ([ url] [/ url]) tags in my own signature for the third time (two links are ok, three is a no go).

It's frustrating, but something that was already reported to @Tom a long time ago.

I'll take advantage of this post to reiterate my proposal about accounts with more rep "earning" longer signatures.
That would allow to have several pictures/links in the signatures hopefully useful (in my sig I'd like to link to more tutorials/documentation and eventually doing some self promotion at time).
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:40 pm

@Kyatric I have one link, was trying to add a second when I got the error
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Strange.
The error happened to me with "smallified" links.
Maybe the url tags only accept a specific amount of characters to be processed.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Return to Website Issues and Feedback