Error with Javascript Minification

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:20 am

Problem Description
When trying to Export an HTML5 project, if the minify javascript option is checked, export fails with message "Error during export, cannot open file c2Runtime_min.js"

Both java 32 and 64bit are installed and updated. This is version r173 64bit/steam

Running both steam and Construct as Administrator

Fresh install of Windows 8.1 (new machine) AND Verified on fresh install Windows 8.1 (old machine)
Error happens on any Capx.

Attach a Capx
N/A happens on a fresh project and also on old projects
Description of Capx

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Step 1: Install Construct 2
  • Step 2: Install Java 32 and 64 (I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, only 32, only 64, etc)
  • Step 3: export and choose HTMl5

Observed Result
process opens multiple command windows and then finally fails with error message

Expected Result
Minified javascript

Affected Browsers

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 8.1 fully patched and updated

Construct 2 Version ID
r173 64bit/steam

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:17 pm

Can't reproduce, works here. Are you sure Java is installed correctly on your machine and that you have full read-write permission to the export folder? Does it reproduce on any other computers?
Scirra Founder

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:48 am

Yes, Java is installed correctly and verfied (both 32bit and 64bit versions). I have tried on two separate machines. Java version is 7 update 65. I even tried a brand new empty project and on both machines I get the same error. Both machines I am logged in as admin, also running Steam as an administrator and Construct as well.

Both machines are fresh installs (one machine is a new machine, the other is my old machine which I reloaded windows on)

My version of Construct is the steam version, personal license. I have given the "Everyone" group full access to the folder and it is the same issue.

Could this be a Steam version or windows 8.1 issue maybe?

Post » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Same error for me if the minify javascript option is checked during any export.
"Error during export, cannot open file c2Runtime_min.js"

The error only happen with the construct2 64 bits version, if I use the 32bit version, the minify is working well.

As Bossmojoman java 32 and 64bit are both installed and updated.

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:25 pm

Found a random forum about unrelated Java bugs, and decided to see if I have the same version. Upon opening CMD and typing in the command "java -version", it reports back with a similar worded error: "Error: could not open `C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg'" Boom. It is a problem with java. Now keep in mind, this is even after having updated Java to the most recent version (version 7 update 67).

Decided to take another look at the Java files on my drive... noticed something out of place.

The Solution for me: Delete the JRE folder in WINDOWS; it doesn't belong. C:\WINDOWS\jre

Very strange, but it works likes a charm. Minify Script now works, as does java -version command in CMD.

Hope this helps you guys out!

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:48 am

Thanks hermitpenguin, had exact same issue, followed your instructions, worked perfectly!

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:02 am

You are my new best friends. Thank you!

Return to Closed bugs