Error with OGG files in Node Webkit

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Node Downloader is a plugin for download file for Construct 3 and construct 2 game engine
  • Problem Description

When i test the game in Node WEbkit the audio didnt load.Im using .OGG files as well.

In the developer tool console,when a audio is supposed to play,this appears:

Using Web Audio API, useOgg = true

Audio_plugin.js:2466 dopplerFactor is deprecated and will be removed in M45 when all doppler effects are removed

preview_prelude.js:57 Using WebGL renderer: ANGLE (AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0) [Google Inc.]

preview_prelude.js:57 Max texture size: 16384

preview_prelude.js:57 Point size range: 1 to 256

glwrap.js:383 WebGL extensions: Array[19]

glwrap.js:2117 'CanvasRenderingContext2D.webkitImageSmoothingEnabled' is deprecated. Please use 'CanvasRenderingContext2D.imageSmoothingEnabled' instead.

common_prelude.js:33 [Construct 2] Suspending

common_prelude.js:33 [Construct 2] Resuming

preview_prelude.js:57 Restarting layout

common_prelude.js:33 [Construct 2] Suspending

Attach a Capx

UPDATE:This is a minimal capx with only one sound: mediafire.com/download/209z8wz0oh3602y/rew5tera.capx

Reproduce Bug

• Import .OGG audio files
    • Use the events "on start of layout"-----"Play (Song Name)"
    • Select Node Webkit for preview
    • Start layout

Observed Result

The audio didnt load

Expected Result

I expected Node Webkit loading the sounds

Affected Browsers

• Node Webkit:YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Ultimate

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r216-r218

• As per the bug reporting requirements: All reports need a .capx and precise steps to recreate. If it involves audio, then providing the original audio files would also be helpful.

Otherwise, expect this to be closed automatically by Ashley.

• Please,someone help me!!! Cmon!!!

• Please,someone help me!!! Cmon!!!

You have provided the full game, which the requirements stipulate you shouldn't do. Fault-finding a full project just isn't viable.

You should produce a very minimum .capx that just highlights the problem you are having, with exact steps to reproduce. That way, the problem can be properly investigated.

Also, per the requirements, it is noted that Ashley can take several weeks to fully investigate an issue, so you will need to have a little patience.

• I post a minimal capx now.Sorry about the other message,i was stressed because i´m going to miss the deadline.

I know that you´re doing the best,so i will wait.

• I can reproduce, but it's very strange: it seems the audio buffer fails to decode only in NW.js, whereas it succeeds in Chrome. I've no idea why that could be. Have you tried r218 and NW.js alpha-7?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can reproduce, but it's very strange: it seems the audio buffer fails to decode only in NW.js, whereas it succeeds in Chrome. I've no idea why that could be. Have you tried r218 and NW.js alpha-7?

I have tried it and it gets even stranger on my end ASHLEY.

Whenever it happens I close the preview window, save my project manually then start up the preview again and it works just fine.

I guess this issue is on NW.js side though and not C2, if you didn't make any changes to the audio plugin recently.

• TheRealDannyyy - does it work after export? In the past we've had a couple of weird preview-only quirks due to the preview server...

• TheRealDannyyy - does it work after export? In the past we've had a couple of weird preview-only quirks due to the preview server...

Well Ashley, I tested it a few times with exporting. 15 out of 15 exports were fine so I guess it is not NW.js?

However I could've been lucky too and it might break on the 16th time, as I said before if you didn't do any changes to the audio or preview systems recently it has to be NW.js and might be fixed in the later versions.

I'll post a bug report if the later more stable versions of NW.js still have this issue.

• On export i get a black screen and there´s no sounds.

I dont know what to do,i reinstalled Construct 2 and NW.js and nothing...

I tested with r218 too,and what?,nothing...

• Please...Someone help me...

• I've converted the 'all day' ogg to wav and then imported it back with construct and now it works. Maybe you could try that as workaround.

• Do you have the latest version of C2 and NW.js installed?

• I reimported the sound again and i started the preview.

When it supossed to be reproduced the sounds,it appears the console with the source of the audio plugin.

And i think i found where is the problem:In the var useOgg it says "false".I tried to put it in true,but nothing happends,and it turns false again whenn relaunch preview

And yes,i have the newest version of Node Webkit

• I think the problem is the dopplerFactor,because its the only error of the audio plugin in the console:

Audio_plugin.js:2466 dopplerFactor is deprecated and will be removed in M45 when all doppler effects are removed

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)