Error with OGG files in Node Webkit

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Please...Someone help me...
B
13
S
4
Posts: 54
Reputation: 1,509

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:28 pm

I've converted the 'all day' ogg to wav and then imported it back with construct and now it works. Maybe you could try that as workaround.
B
23
S
3
G
1
Posts: 412
Reputation: 2,062

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:53 pm

Do you have the latest version of C2 and NW.js installed?
ImageImageImageImage
B
48
S
15
G
71
Posts: 601
Reputation: 40,052

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Message: BaronLuke89 is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
I reimported the sound again and i started the preview.
When it supossed to be reproduced the sounds,it appears the console with the source of the audio plugin.
And i think i found where is the problem:In the var useOgg it says "false".I tried to put it in true,but nothing happends,and it turns false again whenn relaunch preview
And yes,i have the newest version of Node Webkit
B
13
S
4
Posts: 54
Reputation: 1,509

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:36 pm

I think the problem is the dopplerFactor,because its the only error of the audio plugin in the console:

Audio_plugin.js:2466 dopplerFactor is deprecated and will be removed in M45 when all doppler effects are removed
B
13
S
4
Posts: 54
Reputation: 1,509

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:53 pm

I found the problem in the end: those aren't Ogg files, they're MP3 files which were just renamed to .ogg. NW.js can't play MP3 files but Chrome can. So in fact you must have incorrectly imported the files somehow, or did you think renaming the file would convert it? (It doesn't!)

This also explains why @Asmodean's workaround works: you convert the MP3 to WAV, then re-import it, then C2 encodes a correct Ogg Vorbis file.

NW.js should always report useOgg = true in the console. I just double-checked this and it does. The dopplerFactor message is irrelevant.
Scirra Founder
B
378
S
220
G
84
Posts: 23,867
Reputation: 188,027

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:59 pm

@Ashley It still doesn't explain the issues I had. For some reason I found a solution by creating a .capx instead of a project folder.
(For me this "fix" doesn't make any sense because there should be no difference between those two saving methods.)
ImageImageImageImage
B
48
S
15
G
71
Posts: 601
Reputation: 40,052

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:44 pm

The files in the original report are definitely MP3 files, which is almost certainly the cause of the reported issue. If you think there are any other issues here, please file separate reports for them.
Scirra Founder
B
378
S
220
G
84
Posts: 23,867
Reputation: 188,027

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Ashley wrote:The files in the original report are definitely MP3 files, which is almost certainly the cause of the reported issue. If you think there are any other issues here, please file separate reports for them.

I wish I could post a report about that but making a bugreport without any way to reproduce the bug would be useless.
ImageImageImageImage
B
48
S
15
G
71
Posts: 601
Reputation: 40,052

Previous

Return to Closed bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest