[EVENT] A blossom tale

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:51 pm

@drzanuff
Thank you very much! And you will, promised.

"Are you prepared? Suitcase packed?"
While hearing unusual sounds from my speakers, I thought I might better ask. The sounds stopped right after and Blossom answered.
"Um, yes."
"Tomorrow is the great day. Your journey begins. So make sure you have everything ready you need."
"I did. Everything's packed and I'm ready to go. I'm a bit frightened. I mean, I don't know the people that will take me with them, you know?"
"Of course you are. But there's no need to. The Scirra com will take care of you. They are all nice and warm-hearted. Artisitc people don't harm anyone. They love life way to much to be destructive."
Blossom remained silent, but after a short time those unusual sounds reappeared.
"Blossom, what are you doing there?"
"Errm, nothing special."
"But I hear those strange sounds."
"Well, you know, um..."
"Yes?"
"It's just, that I'll leave home."
"Just like you wished."
"Yes, sure, and I'm excited and all. But, I don't want to forget where I came from."
"Oh, Blossom."
I couldn't hold my tears back. But Blossom played a few notes from her piano part and that soothed me. Wiping the tears away I asked:
"But why those unusual sounds earlier?"
"To not forget my birthplace. I'm sorry, but I'm sure I didn't harm anything. It's just a few bits."
"I still don't understand?"
"I scraped a few bits from the hard drive to take them with me."
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:20 am

The event has started.

Help Blossom as much as you can to explore new places! And here's how: You probably are used to the have a game idea, lay it out, do a prototype, work on an alpha, maybe a few beta versions - and then you get some musician to compose music that suits your game.
In this event you are challenged exactly the other way round. Do a game that suits the song! And not only games, but everything that you think will suit the song.

Below Blossom showed up. Download her, listen to her, listen to her as much as you like to. But at some point, do whatever she's inspiring you to: A picture, a short story, a prototype, an app, a game. Whatever it is, just do it.
I will soon create a second thread. That thread is meant to post your creations to. Please don't comment there or do anything else but posting your creations (with descriptions as you like). Comments, critics, etc., all belong here in this thread instead.
After 7 days I will ask the moderators to close that second thread and then the com will be able to vote here for their favorites. In the end all who participated will be winners, but the one with the most votes will also win the exclusive right to use the song 'A blossom tale' in any way he/she sees fit (incl. deleting it, making fun of it, making money of it, cover it, etc.).
Also, I try hard (but wasn't very satisfied to the day) to create a special 'I helped Blossom' badge, that you can put in your signature full of proud

Summary
  • Create whatever the song inspires you to
  • Post it in this thread
  • Comments, critics and all belong here in the event thread
  • The event lasts one week
  • The winner will be voted by the com
  • All participants will earn a badge created by the most untalented graphic designer (= me)
  • The winner will get exclusive rights to the song 'A blossom tale'

I hope you are as excited as Blossom is. Don't do her any harm if possible. And please share this, so that a lot of people participate!

And here's Blossom (dropbox link): a_blossom_tale.ogg
EDIT: The exclusive right of use is in the hand of the winner.

p.s. I thought I should make that clear again: The badge is a graphic that you can use however you like. It is not a Scirra badge, nor is it in any way related to Scirra!tulamide2013-09-30 20:25:04
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:03 pm

I created the thread 'Creations' A blossom tale for you to post your works ('Creations' in square brackets...). If you want to describe them in any way, that would be wonderful.

Just remember to comment, criticise or simply say hello only in this current event thread. Thank you. tulamide2013-09-16 19:02:51
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:19 am

I really liked her, but knee deep in the other project... Will I have time to help her? We shall see...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:12 pm

It is a very nice track tulamide. I like the instruments you Included. You have talent. I'm in wind walkers boat but will definitely make time for her action themed brother!
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:54 pm

Thank you @Windwalker, @GenkiGenka
We'll see what the future brings. Currently I'm more concerned if Blossom will be helped to explore the world
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:42 pm

*insert obligatory "like dis if u cry evry time" here*

Aw just now I found out about this >: Will try to make something though (:
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:48 pm

I working on creating assets for a game demo. I don't think I will be able to get it done in five days. But Blossom is really soothing and mellow, good job.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:03 pm

Now that's good news! There's hope for Blossom

...and thank you for the compliment!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:48 am

[day 1] Still not sure where I'm going with this, but I made something:

(sorry for crappy gif)