[EVENT] A blossom tale

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:28 pm

[QUOTE=DrGreenThumbCAN] sadly my laptop died on me yesterday so my attempt will remain in its infancy and not submitted.[/QUOTE] That'S too bad.

To everyone else: I just sent out the messages. If you like to still submit, I'm afraid you have to hurry. (It just wouldn't be fair to the current submissions to extend the event.)

EDIT: Wow, that was quick! The submission thread is closed. Next step will be the voting. I will set it up to be ready tomorrow. Please take the time to look at the submissions, they are really beautiful. Also, the main prize is the exclusive right of use of the song 'A blossom tale', a prize well worth some hundred dollars, so please take the voting serious! Thank you all, those who participated, those who read here and those who will vote.

Just one question: What do you think would be the right length to vote? Is a week sufficient?tulamide2013-09-23 17:43:32
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:57 pm

C2 crashed on me and I lost a bunch of progress (it's like it knows when I forget to save)
Wished we had more than just a week :/ Good luck to those who finished, I'll try to finish mine later
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:17 pm

yes I'd say a week for voting.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:13 am

Here we go!
Take your time to look at the submissions here. To keep it fair try to not judge based on the time a creation may have taken to finish, but on aspects like atmosphere, matching the song's expression, etc. Just answer yourself the question: Where will Blossom enjoy exploring the world most?

You found the answer? Then don't wait any longer:
Vote for your favourite submission! EDIT: Voting has ended.

And here's a timer (thanks, 7Soul) counting down:
Time left until voting ends EDIT: There is no time left.tulamide2013-09-30 20:23:20
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Cast my vote
best of luck to all

perhaps the victor will allow Blossom to remain free to use, that way Blossom can see much of the world from many perspectives
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:11 am

I really like the idea @DrGreenThumbCAN, since there were quite some developers who didn't have the time to take part on this.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:05 pm

The last day is running! You can still vote until tomorrow evening. It's thrilling. The submissions are close to each other.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Final spurt!
With the last six hours running, I just sent out the badges to all submissioners (is this a real word?) - and @7Soul
The gif was so promising, that I consider this as having already helped Blossom. So while he can't win the event, there's at least a little something for the work already done. I hope, you all agree.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:12 pm

@tulamide
I agree with you the gif was great to go with blossom
wish could have seen what @7Soul had concocted
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Blossom waved goodbye. A last look at me and her old home. I tried to say something, but my throat was dry. So instead I moved my head for a cheering up.
She turned around and started walking away. But after a few steps she stopped, turned her head and said:
"I'll call you everyday."
And just like a glass of water, her words had an influence on my throat. The words came out of my mouth as if I was in some most-words-per-second contest.
"And I'll be there to pick up the phone. I wouldn't want to miss any of your adventures you are about to live!"
She hesitated. Then she started walking away again. And without turning around, she said strictly:
"The first thing I'll do is looking under the carpet! You know how I hate a messy home."
And I smiled.

TA TA TA TAAAAA
I hereby declare the end of the event "A blossom tale"!

We have a winner. Here is the final result:

The winner is @Windwalker for his submission "Many Journeys of Blossom".

Congratulations. I'm sure Blossom is in good hands!

Thank you all. Those who participated, those who wanted but didn't have the time and those who enjoyed following this thread. It was a wonderful experience!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic