Event ordering bug

Report Construct 2 bugs here.

Post » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:35 am

Somebody wrote:...Also, since we are on events - why aren't there any sensible keyboard controls for these? Keyboard left and right to close and open, pg up and pg dn to jump between top level events, home to move to parent event, etc. Always scrolling through the list, even with most things neatly grouped is a bit cumbersome.

Great idea. But further, I'd like to see a similar option to move events up or down in their hierarchy with such simple key presses.

LEFT - move event up in the hierarchy (reduced in sub-event status or becomes a main event line).
RIGHT - move down in the hierarchy (or becomes a sub-event to the even line of the immediate event directly above it (even if the same event line has multiple sub-events of its own).
UP/DOWN - Move an event line up/down, trading places with the event line immediately above/below it, regardless of hierarchy.
SHIFT+LEFT/RIGHT - open/close selected (sub)event/group.
SHIFT+UP/DOWN - move the event up/down to the very top/bottom of the next level of hierarchy.

...or something to that effect.
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:35 am

alspal wrote:@Sargas

I've also noticed this problem even without Groups in play. Just simply EVENT LINES, period.
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:13 am

+1 ... It was super annoying when new to c2 then I kind of got used to it... But you are right, having to juggle the last few events is annoying.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:32 pm

+1
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:16 pm

+1 for the issue and +1 for the keyboard idea.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Bugs