Event sheet change applies to all layouts???

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:16 am

Sorry to bud in, but I got scared like that the first time too. The thing is after you click on a layout on the top bar you olso have to click somewhere inside the layout.
Then it will refresh and display the properties for the selected layout, otherwise it just shows you the new layout but the properties menu remains set for the last one you clicked. And it made me think it uses the same event sheet for all layouts too.
Could you be making the same mistake?

P.S. Guizmus I updated my "How do I, complex menu" post with a reply for you. Maybe check it out when you have some time please? Thank you. VIKINGS2014-02-18 11:23:14
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:21 am

So true... I didn't think of that one... Selecting a layout isn't going into the layout tab, it's selecting it in the project window. You should always check what properties you are changing, the object name is at the top of the property list. In this case, you would have seen you just stayed in the same layout properties.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:41 pm

I was definitely changing the right ones, it said the correct name in the properties window.

Exact process:
1) Select the tab of "Layout 1"
2) Click inside the "Layout 1" window
3) Select arrow next to "Event sheet" option then select "Event Sheet 1"
4) Click inside the "Layout 1" window again
5) Click on the tab of "Layout 2"
6)Click inside the "Layout 2" window
7) It is the same as whatever I set it to in step 3.

B

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:54 pm

I think missed out number 5!! If I do all of the steps it works fine! If I miss out number 5, exactly the same thing happens. I could have sworn I was doing all of those steps. :)

It started magically working so I went back through and missed out a step, when I got to 5 - it started "changing" them all. What I think was really happening is that it was displaying the properties that I changed, not the properties of the layout I had just selected.
B

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 pm

A simpler way to do it is to use the "Project window", where all the objects, event sheets, layout, resources, ... are listed. Just click on a layout there and its properties will display.

By the way, in the file I sent you back, I had corrected the sheets assigned to the layouts based on the names.
It was strange to see a layout for every difficulty level though. It's most of the time just some global variables that change and the system adapts accordingly. Well, this wasn't your problem so let's forget about it ^^
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks, don't worry about that ;) I had the Event-Common and I was going to put all of the common events like movement, etc. on it. (and use the include feature) Then on each level the spawning and time scale section was going to be different. I could do this with variables and stuff but it is much easier this way. :) Once I get the game into a beta stage, I will then optimise stuff like that. Right now, I just want to make it. :)

Thanks for all of your help. :)
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?