EVENTS AND CONDITIONS

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN ME WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EVENTS, SUB-EVENTS AND CONDITIONS?

AND WHEN SHOULD I USE ONE OR OTHER?

IS THERE ANY TOPIC OR VIDEO ABOUT IT?

Sorry about

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please turn caps lock off.

All of this is explained in the manual. What is it exactly you don't understand?

• A condition is like asking the computer if some scenario exists.

for example: does 1 = 1? ; is a character moving?; is the character not moving?

An event is telling the computer to monitor the program to see if a condition or set of conditions are true. If the condition is true an action or series of actions will occur.

for example: is the character moving? and is the character's energy gauge full? if both are true do this action: set attack strength to 9001.

If you want the computer to check is something else is true right after an event you can use a subevent.

for example:

is the character moving? and is the character's energy gauge full? if both are true do this action: set attack strength to 9001

subevent: on spacebar pressed do this action: attack

there are situations where you can use either multiple conditions or subevents to achieve the same effect.

• Events consist of Conditions and Actions. When the Conditions of the Event are true, the Actions will be performed.

Events become sub-events when they are nested within other Events. All sub-events are ran before moving to the next Event.

• On start of layout, text set text to uppercase(someone can explain me what is the difference between)

• Hi fellows

Sorry for the caps lock.

I simply copied and pasted from google translator.

I did not even realize I had capslock turned on.

And thank you for the support!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)