Ever heard of Minecraft?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:30 pm

I decided to get it myself yesterday. The game spreads almost like a plague here (and pretty much everywhere else I imagine). One of my friends made a sarcastic comment "Been nice knowing yah." when I got it. Ironically he's probably the last one in our circle that hasn't got it yet.

I saw something funny when playing.

:lol:
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:47 pm

[quote="inkBot":18fr9aqs]I saw something funny when playing.

:lol:[/quote:18fr9aqs]
Lol, yeah, apparently he added that on the update just before I got it.

I've only seen it once, and unfortunately, I was outside when it approached.
I'm telling you, running from a skeleton riding a spider who is shooting arrows at you is a unique experience. :)

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:27 pm

[quote="inkBot":30ehexip]I decided to get it myself yesterday. The game spreads almost like a plague here (and pretty much everywhere else I imagine). One of my friends made a sarcastic comment "Been nice knowing yah." when I got it.[/quote:30ehexip]

So have people started calling it "Minecrack" yet? Because if not then I'd like to get the ball rolling on that :P
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:23 am

Didn't anybody mention Cube 2 here? it has coopedit which is basically like a next gen and free coop map editting game, albeit it is formly an FPS game and it's free, however it doesn't have tool building and the such since they're very different besides it features coopedit where many people could join on one server and build a map with each other IN-GAME.

I never tried mine craft however, it is not worthy buying either, I seen some vids on youtube and it would be better off free imo.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:38 am

[quote="LavaWave":35ssqnfx]I never tried mine craft however, it is not worthy buying either, I seen some vids on youtube and it would be better off free imo.[/quote:35ssqnfx]

Try it and you might be pleasantly surprised, the guy who is making it has already made a killing off it as you can see here: http://www.minecraft.net/stats.jsp. over 8000 people have bought the game just TODAY and i expect his total sales to be in the millions very very soon, especially with multiplayer getting better and the Halloween update coming. He is also starting his own company now and employing people....

People wouldn't be buying it if it wasn't worth it :wink:.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:13 am

Yes, I am surprised, I just seen this and I am indeed surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NszGurDUlHc

:shock: Can you do this in Far Cry and/or Crysis?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:58 pm

http://www.develop-online.net/features/ ... ecraft-man

Capture the Flag? Narrative?

As if the game wasn't addicting enough! XD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Dragons would be cool, but a Balrog would be more appropriate. They don't have to actually call it a Balrog, but everybody will still know what it is.

And Orcs.

...maybe a Cave Troll or two.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Minecraft Beta to be released December 20th
[url:2dsv5r1y]http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966/minecraft-beta-december-20-2010[/url:2dsv5r1y]

Looks like you only have 9 more days to purchase Minecraft and still be guaranteed free updates. Anybody who buys AFTER the 20th might end up having to pay for new additions to the game (you'll still get bug fixes for free).

Lots of complaints so far with the news but it's a legal issue, so it looks like there isn't much that can be done. Just get it before the 20th, then? :|

(obligatory screens of my work-in-progress)

B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:42 am

Yeah, I've been hearing about Minecraft for a while. I've seen people talk about it, saw screenshots, etc. I just thought it was some overhyped internet fad or something...

As it turns out, this game is... WAY better than it looks. I recently bought it and im convincing my friends to do so too (before it goes beta on Dec 20th).

Also, it looks good with texture mods:

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic