[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1582: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given
.EXE Maker object would be AMAZING (anyone?) - Scirra Forums

.EXE Maker object would be AMAZING (anyone?)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:52 pm

I would love to see...I would droooooooooool over the capability to create an executable

with a few well placed objects and events...well you know and some structured coding.

Is this already a feature of Construct that I'm not knowledgable of how to do it?

Just for example if I make a program that allows the user to make eBooks from html files and output them into a stand alone .exe... :?:

Is this too general of a question? Im just wanting to be able to make a program that can make a program... an example of this is Construct itself...it allows you (the user) to create an .exe as a product. I want to make a program for the user to be able to make his\her own program.
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:36 pm

We'll leave this one open, since Construct can't do this it's more of a feature request than general discussion or help.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:48 pm

[quote="deadeye":75infkhw]We'll leave this one open, since Construct can't do this it's more of a feature request than general discussion or help.[/quote:75infkhw]

Not sure I understand ... isnt this the feature request forum. Leave it open? What are you saying? You have to know Im a retard and need clarity.

I figure Construct cant do it and would request they incorporate something along these lines but I realize this kind of gets away from the gaming aspect of the app but to be honest I see construct aas waaaaaaay more powerful an app for creating apps then for silly game-play. Like giving all your children firearms and all they want to do with them is shoot cans off a fence for fun.

Nothing wrong with having fun but the power of a speeding bullet has far more potential than game-play...you can win wars with it...if you follow my lame metaphor or analogy or whatever.
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:59 pm

You're the first to ask for this feature. Is it really that useful or important? I don't think it's realistic. How would you define how a separate EXE works, using events? That's going to be a very complicated system and will need to be thought out comprehensively, which would probably result in at least a 10 page spec, which we would never have time to work on...
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:01 pm

[quote:2fb0a52m]Not sure I understand ... isnt this the feature request forum. Leave it open? What are you saying? You have to know Im a retard and need clarity.[/quote:2fb0a52m]

You had three duplicate threads on this topic, or had you forgotten already?. One in Discussion, one in Help/Tech, and one here in Feature Requests.

This is a Feature Request, so this is the only thread you need. Your other two threads were locked.

Anyway, since Construct is a game maker, and not an app-making-app-maker, I really doubt your request will be filled.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:45 pm

[quote="deadeye":3c3t734f][quote:3c3t734f]Anyway, since Construct is a game maker, and not an app-making-app-maker, I really doubt your request will be filled.[/quote:3c3t734f][/quote:3c3t734f]
This feature would be great to have.
Even though it is not an app-making-app-maker I would love to have this feature really.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:46 pm

I am confused. Doesn't Construct already have export to EXE feature?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:11 pm

[quote="Mipey":1rzyaj90]I am confused. Doesn't Construct already have export to EXE feature?[/quote:1rzyaj90]

He wanted it to be possible to make an exe from an exe made from construct.

I would imagine for things like making a program/game in construct, which could then make other games or programs.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Yes this would be heaven to be able to create something that creates something.

Construct itself is such divinity and I believe that this capability---once truely given

some thought---would open a door to great creative exploration. Think about it.

What program would you have your program be capable of making?

Perhaps a program that can itself make programs? lol

A game that can itself spawn game-lets that allows the player to expand your game.

Give me the ability to give someone else an ability. All power to the user...hurrah!
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:31 pm

ME9876543: Your app could just have a button that downloads the latest version of Construct. Then they can make an exe with Construct.

Mipey: I think he wants to make an exe from an exe made from construct. (edit...oops didnt see that your questions was already answered)
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion