.EXE Maker object would be AMAZING (anyone?)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Turn your photos from your phone or home computer into a jigsaw puzzle
  • I would love to see...I would droooooooooool over the capability to create an executable

with a few well placed objects and events...well you know and some structured coding.

Is this already a feature of Construct that I'm not knowledgable of how to do it?

Just for example if I make a program that allows the user to make eBooks from html files and output them into a stand alone .exe...

Is this too general of a question? Im just wanting to be able to make a program that can make a program... an example of this is Construct itself...it allows you (the user) to create an .exe as a product. I want to make a program for the user to be able to make his\her own program.

• We'll leave this one open, since Construct can't do this it's more of a feature request than general discussion or help.

• We'll leave this one open, since Construct can't do this it's more of a feature request than general discussion or help.

Not sure I understand ... isnt this the feature request forum. Leave it open? What are you saying? You have to know Im a retard and need clarity.

I figure Construct cant do it and would request they incorporate something along these lines but I realize this kind of gets away from the gaming aspect of the app but to be honest I see construct aas waaaaaaay more powerful an app for creating apps then for silly game-play. Like giving all your children firearms and all they want to do with them is shoot cans off a fence for fun.

Nothing wrong with having fun but the power of a speeding bullet has far more potential than game-play...you can win wars with it...if you follow my lame metaphor or analogy or whatever.

• You're the first to ask for this feature. Is it really that useful or important? I don't think it's realistic. How would you define how a separate EXE works, using events? That's going to be a very complicated system and will need to be thought out comprehensively, which would probably result in at least a 10 page spec, which we would never have time to work on...

• [quote:2fb0a52m]Not sure I understand ... isnt this the feature request forum. Leave it open? What are you saying? You have to know Im a retard and need clarity.

You had three duplicate threads on this topic, or had you forgotten already?. One in Discussion, one in Help/Tech, and one here in Feature Requests.

This is a Feature Request, so this is the only thread you need. Your other two threads were locked.

Anyway, since Construct is a game maker, and not an app-making-app-maker, I really doubt your request will be filled.

• [quote:3c3t734f]Anyway, since Construct is a game maker, and not an app-making-app-maker, I really doubt your request will be filled.

This feature would be great to have.

Even though it is not an app-making-app-maker I would love to have this feature really.

• I am confused. Doesn't Construct already have export to EXE feature?

• I am confused. Doesn't Construct already have export to EXE feature?

He wanted it to be possible to make an exe from an exe made from construct.

I would imagine for things like making a program/game in construct, which could then make other games or programs.

• Yes this would be heaven to be able to create something that creates something.

Construct itself is such divinity and I believe that this capability---once truely given

some thought---would open a door to great creative exploration. Think about it.

What program would you have your program be capable of making?

Perhaps a program that can itself make programs? lol

A game that can itself spawn game-lets that allows the player to expand your game.

Give me the ability to give someone else an ability. All power to the user...hurrah!

• ME9876543: Your app could just have a button that downloads the latest version of Construct. Then they can make an exe with Construct.

Mipey: I think he wants to make an exe from an exe made from construct. (edit...oops didnt see that your questions was already answered)

• ME9876543 was banned for being a jerk or they call it troll. But he learned his lesson see,,,

I'm NOTME9876543 and what I think ME9876543 was trying to get at with the EXE feature is

something a bit more reasonable. Like I would like to make a very neat program that organizes

something..anything and packages it as a runnable exacutable.

An simple example would be to have the user input a number of preferences and give

a folder location of his text files (poetry,novel,songs,screenshots or whatever) and the

program would do its thing (organize,format,beautify,add its two cents...) and then give you

the user a finished eBook or slideshow or random poetry speech or game play hints or replays in a nice portable executable package...or make a product that one could $ell for cash.

Something like that maybe.

• You can already do this if you make two applications in Construct:

Make a Construct app that reads some data files and does something based on that

Make a Construct app that generates the data files, and copy that with the 'runner' app somewhere, and you've got a 'custom' EXE.

I can't see anything else working. We're never going to implement the Construct IDE in the runtime, that would be a nightmare. So I actually like UberLou's solution of "just download Construct"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I talked to a friend today about this and I think that people are slightly confused about what Im really thinking here. My friend was under the impression that such a feature would allow a user to create a program that is in direct competion with Construct itself. and someone thought this

Your app could just have a button that downloads the latest version of Construct. Then they can make an exe with Construct.

Which isnt what I would want because the idea is this...if you will follow the process....

Say Im putting plenty of thought and effort into creating an eBook with construct...the interface is beautiful and the page-turning is smooth and its just a fabulous experience to read my eBook which I have output to a stand-alone executable format...a nice product that I can sell thanks to the hard effort of all the sweet people that developed Construct (thanks guys\gals).

Now remember that >I< ...thats me... I put some effort and creativity into my creation also...It didnt just happen by pushing a few buttons in Construct...there was some programming and artwork and logistics and previous knowledge of how to get specific results from the Construct.

Now all I want is to be able to make a program in construct that allows the user to pick an interface style and set a few options and tell my program where the text or html files are located and push the done button and my program outputs a beautiful eBook like the one that took me a month to put together in construct...my program wouldnt be competing with construct and my users wouldnt even know how to get the results that my program gives if they tried to in construct unless they put many hours in but why would they when my app does it for them in under 2 minutes. "Pow!" they output a Sky- blue gradient Love story they can sell...then they output a hot red ebook about Office politics that they give-away to all thier co-workers.

Sure maybe I could make and exe that could do alot of what construct itself can do but why would I want to replicate something great when the real thing would always be so much greater...it wouldnt happen.

The idea is to allow the user of my creation to create and ouptut a program that creates an executable product (its just another file format people). Heck I create and have created and app that outputs unique .bmp images of a partitular look and think maybe it would be nice if i could make a program that output slideshows ...standalone slideshow exe Apps Thats all Im saying

Now relate that to you game creators out there...you could create a program that outputs an exexcutable that is of use to the gamer...like as a gamer I would like to have a program that makes a stand-alone personalized gaming highlites replay or slideshow or high score thingie...etc.

Sorry about the length please excuse me.

OOOOPS just saw Ashley already replied with solution...dont know if that would work the way Im thinking but Ill explore your suggestion.

thanks alot for the info ...I appreciate it.

• You didn't really have to explain all that again. We completely understood you the first time. Well, at least I did.

Anyway, like others have said, you could make an eBook reader program that uses a file format you created, or you could even just make an eBook template for Construct that people could compile .exes with by adding their own content, but you won't be able to make an .exe that can make .exes.

• Sorry I forgot there was more then the first page of replies....my bad.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)