Experimental Greenworks plugin

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:42 am

GG-Works wrote:After renaming package.zip to package.nw, what does it mean by EXE file? I'm looking for an executable file, but I'm not seeing it. Is it talking about your game with C2s Node Webkit icon or something else? Do I need to actually rename the game to "nw.exe" just as typed?

Thanks!

Windows hide known filetypes by default. It's the file you run to run the game, usually your game's name. You have to go to folder options and turn off the "hide known filetypes" option.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:22 am

Hm, for me, the win32 game instantly crashes (nw.exe has stopped working) upon start when the greenworks object is included.

I followed all the steps and checked twice. Might be caused by the fact that I am using the latest SDK right now?

Pretty sad, I cannot access any previous sdk versions.

(Win7)
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:09 am

@dhoeke Yep the old SDK is the cause of that. But if you include an older one like the one here it will work :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... am_api.dll
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks guys, I'll try this after work in a few hours. I'm literally at the last stages of getting the game on Steam.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:19 pm

@Anonnymitet

Thank you so very much!!

Now the application won't crash any longer. However, Steam won't show up within it... I guess that's probably because I'm using 123456 instead of the real app ID.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:47 pm

@dhoeke No problem. I got the solution from lwgames. So he is the one to thank :D Good luck with your project!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:50 am

@dhoeke Yep the old SDK is the cause of that. But if you include an older one like the one here it will work :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... am_api.dll

Many thanks my man, I was having the same problem until I installed that. Also had to make sure I added the game onto steam (nw.exe) to play it and so far the game runs! Kind of a shame we have to rename it to nw.exe, but it's a small price to pay I guess. I don't have a proper appid yet so I'm using the default 1-6, waiting on some financial information to go through before I can officially begin.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:06 am

@GG-Works You say the game runs with the test App ID (123456) for you - does Steam show up inside your app? Like, can you access the Greenwork features inside your app? I'm asking since I cannot access any Greenworks features. So far, I consider it's because the default App ID doesn't allow that (would like to clarify if I'm doing something wrong?)
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:18 am

dhoeke wrote:@GG-Works You say the game runs with the test App ID (123456) for you - does Steam show up inside your app? Like, can you access the Greenwork features inside your app? I'm asking since I cannot access any Greenworks features. So far, I consider it's because the default App ID doesn't allow that (would like to clarify if I'm doing something wrong?)

I can confirm I get the message "Access the Steam Community" tab on the bottom right of the screen. Other than that I'm pretty green using this. I made sure I added nw.js on my Steam client and clicked on play from there.

I don't think I've installed greenworks properly, I wasn't able to access anything else, just the tab popped up. I thought you can drag and drop the addon into C2 when you start but I never got a prompt so I don't think it's installed.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:35 pm

Hey guys,

So I just got Greenlit two days ago and I'm just trying to figure all of this stuff out. I've managed to get through the whole process however I'm really stuck on how upload a build onto Steam. I tried to follow the video tutorial with the Steam SDK on the site, however it leaves a lot of things unexplained, and I got errors following it. I'll try it again, but can anyone give me a brief overview of what I have to do to upload my game onto Steam?

If someone could point me in the right direction with regarding how to upload my game to Steam, I'd be really thankful.

Sorry for the newb-ness!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General