Experimental Greenworks plugin

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:34 pm

This info in this thread is gold - it should be installed in a wiki page.... Maybe? I wish that scirra would enable an addendum to the manual to that effect - run/edited by members of the community for the community. In fact, that gives me an idea!!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Does anyone know the steps to get the 10.5 version working for Steam on Mac/Linux? The steps provided in this thread only seem to apply to Windows, and the app crashes when I try it on mac.

cc @Aurel @80bit

Speaking of crashing, my game seems to crash on nw preview due to the presence of the Greenworks plugin. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Once you have Greenworks in, I don't think you can use preview anymore. It's annoying but if you only call the plugin via a single function to apply the achievement, you can make the swap over to release mode fairly quickly.
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:Why are people reverting back to older c2 versions? I am still using the latest version and it works fine with nw 10.5? Am I missing something?

Well, I thought I had to since I've assumed the later versions came with Node Webkit 11+. Spent what few hours I had this week troubleshooting NW giving me errors and reinstalled C2, greenworks 3.0, NW10 for C2 and used the tutorial to roll back to 190 files just to get the game working again.

The game even launches off of steam now, which it wasn't before. I think It had to do with still having the latest version of greenworks in which I thought I kept reinstalling the older version but I had to do a clean wipe of the programs listed above.

This whole process is still new to me, but I'm getting the hang of working steampipe As for achievements: I'm still not getting them to pop up as I'm playing on the client.

In C2, the achievement is in " " and I did the same in the API, perhaps there is a step I missed?

EDIT: Ooh! So when entering the name under the API text box, I took away the " " on the name and viola!!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:36 pm

sqiddster wrote:Does anyone know the steps to get the 10.5 version working for Steam on Mac/Linux? The steps provided in this thread only seem to apply to Windows, and the app crashes when I try it on mac.

cc @Aurel @80bit

Speaking of crashing, my game seems to crash on nw preview due to the presence of the Greenworks plugin. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers!

Thats normal, there is no other way around it at the moment, since it looks for steam_api.dll.

As for Mac and Linux, at me they work, but cant access the steam overlay yet, even tho i copied the dll/linux files/mac file in the nw package.

On Mac be sure you have the correct permission for the app(sometimes it changes when copying from pc to mac, it depends on the service, i usually just upload it online NOT DROPBOX compressed and just download it on the mac), on linux be sure that the executable file on properties is permitted to be executable and open a terminal and drag drop the file to see if it asks for libdev or other libraries.

Also remember if you are testing on a Steam branch, go to steamworks > installation and make launcher tabs for each platform.

@Aurel @80bit Aurel and 80bit what is your process for Mac and Linux to have steam overlay on? Copy the steam file in the package, and steam_appid.txt where? So far i tested in beta branch, but i dont think it matters.

Lated edit: I believe its because of SDK again, ffs. I need to find 1.30 SDK since Greenworks 0.4 was made to work with that...

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:04 am

@Ashley

You should probably add this link to the OP post, since with greenworks 0.3 you need Steam SDK 1.30 not newer, otherwise it wont work.

https://partner.steamgames.com/downloads/list (must be a partner with steamworks to download).

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:18 pm

TheWyrm wrote:Ohhhh shiny! :)
<---- made my day hahahaha

thanks @Ashley this is awesome :D even though i see it so late .... actually i seen it long time ago but dident even knew i wold need it :D

you guys are awesome :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:26 am

@lwgames I think we'll have to start a new topic or page with all information in this topic compiled, it doesn't seem like Ashley has much interest/time to keep it updated or comprehensive.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:29 pm

@lwgames

Hi! Your steam ID in the same root folder as your .app, and if you're using nw 10.5, you should add the "in process gpu" tag in your package to be sure the overlay is correctly displayed :)

(more details in this very topic)
Image | @AurelRegard on twitter
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Aurel wrote:@lwgames

Hi! Your steam ID in the same root folder as your .app, and if you're using nw 10.5, you should add the "in process gpu" tag in your package to be sure the overlay is correctly displayed :)

(more details in this very topic)

Thanks, i guess ill have to dig more since i don't find the problem yet, of course i added the tags, for example linux:

"chromium-args": "--disable-extensions --disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --file-descriptor-limit<10000> --in-process-GPU"
}

Ubuntu 12.04 (64) libsteam_api.so is in the package.nw , steam_api.txt is in the root. Game works, but no overlay, same with Mac.

I even went to use the 1.30 Steam SDK to be sure of compatbility since greenworks 0.3 was made to work with that.

Thanks
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General