Experimental Greenworks plugin

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:18 am

Thank you Ashley
Confirmed! The nw.exe thing is a bummer but I will not complain. Seems to be a node-webkit bug anyways ;P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Amazing news! Does this help with missing Steam overlay or is that a separate node-webkit issue?

Edit:
For anyone else OCD about the plugin icons in C2, here's a temporary icon for you until it gets an official one.
Download here
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:55 am

Hey Ashley this is awesome news! Thanks so much for working on this.

Hoping you might be able to troubleshoot a bit here -- when we try to implement this in our game, we get a node-webkit ascii message instead of the game launching. This is with zero actual 'greenworks' code in the game (just the plug-in installed and the object created).

Note:
-A completely new/blank project works fine so the computer seems okay
-Going through the full game files and disabling all the custom plugins doesn't fix the problem

Currently trying to delete large blocks of code to see if we can identify anything
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:54 pm

@AvidlyWildGames - did you follow *every* step in the OP including the fact the executable must be named exactly "nw.exe"?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:59 pm

good to know this is already working!!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:48 pm

@Ashley Yep, followed every step including the renaming to 'nw.exe.' Still not working. :(
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:35 am

Do you kneed to check if an achievement has been obtained before (with something like localstorage) or is that something automatically handled by Steam/greenworks? Image I'm presuming you don't, and can just keep telling an achievement to activate and that it will only care the first time you do it? Image

Can someone list the exact steps for Mac, as it says for windows in the first post? Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:43 am

@aspal - Do you want mac steps from mac or mac steps from windows? From windows is easier for me since i keep everything for uploading to steam there too.
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:44 am

McKack wrote:Amazing news! Does this help with missing Steam overlay or is that a separate node-webkit issue?

Edit:
For anyone else OCD about the plugin icons in C2, here's a temporary icon for you until it gets an official one.
Download here

I think it's a separate issue entirely. Overlay works on Mac for me, but not in windows. I've reported to rogerwang here: https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/issues/2560 if you want to add any comments there..
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:20 am

@80bit From Windows preferably, either way though, thanks. Image

Does anyone else have issues getting the Steam Overlay thing to work? I can get the achivement notification pop-up in the bottom right of the screen, but I can only see if it I do the fullscreen-blackbars setting (in which case I only see it pop-up under the game but above the blackbars.

I only see the notification window in the blackbars border area and not ontop of the game? That notification will also stay there in the blackbar forever, it won't minimize/clear.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General