Experimental Greenworks plugin

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:33 am

maybe add dll in "dependency"?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:53 am

Do you reckon it'll come in time for the summer sale? We missed the christmas one!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello how to solve this problem? I tried everything.
B

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:25 pm

Without the plugin "greenworks" works.
B

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Majjon wrote:Without the plugin "greenworks" works.

There currently isn't a way to use preview when Greenworks is included in the project, whether there's any events or actions referencing the plugin. I asked @Ashley about this awhile ago but I don't think there's been any progress in getting it working properly. Like others, I've been waiting for Steam support for some time and I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers that the 3rd-party plugin @MadSpy is developing gets out the door some time soon.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:01 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:

There currently isn't a way to use preview when Greenworks is included in the project, whether there's any events or actions referencing the plugin. I asked @Ashley about this awhile ago but I don't think there's been any progress in getting it working properly. Like others, I've been waiting for Steam support for some time and I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers that the 3rd-party plugin @MadSpy is developing gets out the door some time soon.

okay,thank)
B

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:37 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:

Why is MadSpy able to get a plugin to work with a lot of custom features and Ashley not because he has to rely on "backend" developers?
Is there a reason why Ashley is doing that besides the obvious reason of him being busy with developing C3?
(This is not a rant or something, I understand that creating a reliable plugin takes a lot of time and effort, I'm just curious.)
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Any update on this? we are releasing our game this week, we can simply not wait anymore :(
But its so sad, that its not working. We really would like to include at least archievements :/
Thats pretty much a MUST today on steam...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:12 pm

xanxion wrote:Any update on this?

Unfortunately, the situation is unchanged, no news. Even if the official plugin integration was to arrive now in beta, it would take weeks to get it into a stable release.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Soooo... in a nutshell. Lets assume I bought C2 to develop games for Desktops. So I paid the price and developed my game. Now, its only natural I want this game of my, to reach the biggest digital storefront on the planet, which is Steam of course.
But having your game on Steam, without its Steamwork (achievements, leadersboards) is practically like not having your game on Steam AT ALL.
Because 90%, and it HAS been proven, of the Steam users will only buy a game if the game has Steam achievements.
Yet C2 doesn't have that, the steam API. What it does have, is undeveloped alpha plugin that doesn't work for half of the time.
Meanwhile, 3rd party user, a single person, not related to Scirra, has done just that and a lot more.
But the problem is - he wants $ 82 for it.
https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... am4c2-2545

I am trying my best to not say anything offensive or insulting.
God be my witness - I AM trying.
But is this...
...a joke?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General