Experimental Greenworks plugin

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Just tried my game on OSX and it doesn't work with this plugin. It does work perfectly if I don't add this plugin, though.

I've tried both NW.js: 0.15 (with Steamworks SDK: 1.36) and NW.js: 0.14.7 (with Steamworks SDK: 1.37). I get an error about resources. Searched online and found this thread https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/3307 which mentions it should be fixed by now, but it doesn't for me. Using "--file-descriptor-limit=10000" in the launch options for my game on steam also doesn't fix it.

I'm open to ideas. :(
B
124
S
43
G
41
Posts: 849
Reputation: 28,235

Post » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:57 pm

B
135
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,557
Reputation: 20,717

Post » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:13 pm

@glerikud @andreyin They just added OSX support too! Was wondering if anyone had luck with it...
B
42
S
11
G
1
Posts: 264
Reputation: 3,299

Post » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:45 pm

yeah, It would be good to know if those plugins fix the issues this one has, so yeah, if anyone has tried those after trying this one, would be good to hear whether it does.
B
45
S
21
G
65
Posts: 1,116
Reputation: 38,223

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:21 am

glerikud wrote:
andreyin wrote:I'm open to ideas. :(

Did you try this plugin?
https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... basic-2546
https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... am4c2-2545


I haven't yet, I keep meaning to buy it but I'm always out of cash to do so.. I'll probably get it by the end of the month though.
B
124
S
43
G
41
Posts: 849
Reputation: 28,235

Post » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:25 pm

Can we expect an update to this plugin compatible with SDK 1.38 soon?
B
30
S
14
G
6
Posts: 160
Reputation: 5,777

Post » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:09 am

andreyin wrote:Just tried my game on OSX and it doesn't work with this plugin. It does work perfectly if I don't add this plugin, though.

I've tried both NW.js: 0.15 (with Steamworks SDK: 1.36) and NW.js: 0.14.7 (with Steamworks SDK: 1.37). I get an error about resources. Searched online and found this thread https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/3307 which mentions it should be fixed by now, but it doesn't for me. Using "--file-descriptor-limit=10000" in the launch options for my game on steam also doesn't fix it.

I'm open to ideas. :(


Resource error on OSX has nothing to do with Steam plugins. I got the same one without Greenworks or any other plugin. I tried different solutions but ended by removing Mac support from the description of my game. There are only about 3% Mac users on Steam so it shouldn't be a big deal.
B
62
S
14
G
5
Posts: 265
Reputation: 5,978

Post » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:12 am

Can someone send me a .capx that doesn't load on OS X with NW.js 0.18.1? I new have an idea that might help fix it.
Scirra Founder
B
398
S
236
G
88
Posts: 24,428
Reputation: 194,600

Post » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:37 pm

Ashley wrote:Can someone send me a .capx that doesn't load on OS X with NW.js 0.18.1? I new have an idea that might help fix it.


I'll try it out but I heard the controller support is a bit broken? Also there's no Greenworks for it yet right?

Edit: Tested my game with nw.js 0.18.1 in OSX Sierra and it works great, but no controller support.

Wolod wrote:Resource error on OSX has nothing to do with Steam plugins. I got the same one without Greenworks or any other plugin. I tried different solutions but ended by removing Mac support from the description of my game. There are only about 3% Mac users on Steam so it shouldn't be a big deal.


Like I said, my game works fine on OSX without the Greenworks plugin. I only get this loading error when using it... I get that the percentage is small but I still promised and released my game for OSX in the beginning (when everything worked just fine with nw.js 0.10.5) and people bought it for OSX. Id rather fix it than remove it completely.
B
124
S
43
G
41
Posts: 849
Reputation: 28,235

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:42 am

@Ashley It works with nw.js v0.17.0 and steamworks SDK: 1.38? on windows 7 and 10 (x32 and x64)
B
25
S
5
Posts: 22
Reputation: 1,351

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests