export backward compatibility option

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:18 am

@Ashley I'm sure you saw my other forum suggestions, and not to hijack this thread, but it would be awesome to add some kind of thanks or upvote system for specific posts as well.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:37 am

OR just don't updgrade too the beta's. It's actually more effort(not much) to upgrade to a beta than it is for doing any form of downgrade.

Personally unless there is a mandatory feature that you need from a beta then don't. I remember updating to beta's and ended up with all sorts of small problems and warning with loading my game.

So I don't believe Ashley should create a downgrade. I think if you want to be reliable to share CAPX. Don't upgrade.

If you need features and want to help debug. Then beta, beta all the way :)jayderyu2013-11-25 03:38:27
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:24 am

[QUOTE=Ashley] It's impossible to get new features working in older builds, and it's far too much work to track which features work in which releases when you can make a backup before using a new release.[/QUOTE]

never mind ....

I kinda hate the auto save feature now ,... as it messed up my games versions ... ohw and whatta you know .. it auto backed upped and auto saved over my current versions ....

lennaert2013-11-25 07:36:57
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:59 am

To not save a backup before upgrading is foolish. To rely on a programs autosave feature is doubly so.

I can't see why both versions can't be installed at the same time. Having a Save older version option would just create a massive amount of work for Ashley in the long run in having to keep track of every tiny change.

Ridiculous, in my opinion.

I would much rather Ashley concentrated on ironing out bugs and introducing some much needed features.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:56 am

[QUOTE=zenox98] To not save a backup before upgrading is foolish. To rely on a programs autosave feature is doubly so.

I can't see why both versions can't be installed at the same time. Having a Save older version option would just create a massive amount of work for Ashley in the long run in having to keep track of every tiny change.

Ridiculous, in my opinion.

I would much rather Ashley concentrated on ironing out bugs and introducing some much needed features.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt aware Construct 2 was so finicky with versions :(

I recently only got the beta cos of the tilemap editor to look around, but stopped after it crashed my construct ... unawae that continueing to edit my existing programs created with an older version could cause these current issues I'm experiencing ....

Oh well ... thats the last time I'll use a beta :\
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General