Export File Sizes are Huge!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:26 am

@Gewku

You could use UPX. This is a packer for executables. You don't need to unpack it, it's still executable, but it works only with the 32 Bit Versions. http://upx.sourceforge.net/

I have compressed your exe with UPX from 45.2 MB to 15.5 MB. But it only compress the exe not the other files in the directory. So overall the whole directory shrank from 67 MB to 38 MB.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:15 am

Message: Gewku is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
DrewMelton wrote:If you are exporting for PC, this is about the only way I know of for a desktop exe. If you need a smaller size, just use the 32bit version. It even runs better sometimes (and I'm on 64bit system).

This isn't my area of expertise though, so if anyone else has advice, let me know.

Thanks a lot either way =D

Asmodean wrote:@Gewku

You could use UPX. This is a packer for executables. You don't need to unpack it, it's still executable, but it works only with the 32 Bit Versions. I have compressed your exe with UPX from 45.2 MB to 15.5 MB. But it only compress the exe not the other files in the directory. So overall the whole directory shrank from 67 MB to 38 MB.

Alright! Imma try it! thanks!
B

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General