export gives a corrupted penumbra.png file and stops it load

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:05 pm

So I can't seem to get my project to export now, it gives me a corrupted "penumbra.png" file, which prevents my game from being loaded.

What is that file, i don't seem to have anything named that in my project?

Seems this is because I have gone beyond the free edition limits, it now on a fresh load won't allow me to do anything. Guess I won't be doing anything now until the C3 release :(

UPDATE:

I'm now unsure if the issue is because we only have free edition or not, today I loaded the project and didn't get the message. It allowed me to export it again, but again gives me a random corrupted penumbra.png file which stops the game loading. Mine sometimes says I have the Personal addition (press access I think from Tom, I run GamingOnLinux.com), sometimes it says I have the free edition.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 am

Okay, so it still exports with that file corrupted, but it seems that wasn't the issue as all example projects have it too. Must have been a cache problem as now they all work.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:56 pm

penumbra.png is used by the ShadowLight object. It should only be exported if you use the object.

There's really very little we can do about reports which don't follow the guidelines, please try to follow them at all times. Closing.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs