Export Global Variables

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Is there a way to export global variables or other parts of a Construct 2 Project to an XML file to later be read by the Construct Project? My team is trying hard to figure out some kind of workaround to have a usable save state that can be loaded.

I am aware of, but not interested in web storage. We are making a game for Win 8 and eventually other mobile platforms. I know there is no built-in functionality yet in Construct for saving a game but is there a plugin that would give this ability? The topic of save states has been hashed out pretty thoroughly on the forum but I didn't come across any conversations about the possibility of specifically exporting global variables - we could use just this data to save game progress just fine.

We could even try and write our own plug-in but if anyone has already made headway on this and is willing to point us in the right direction to get started, we would appreciate it.

Thanks!

• What's wrong with using WebStorage? AFAIK it works everywhere, including Windows 8.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It works for a Win 8 (Metro) App? And on Android and iOS? If it does, I suppose we are not opposed to web storage but I thought it was a feature for browser games.

• I did find info on the Android dev site regarding webstorage so I must have been mistaken. Thanks for making me question my assumptions, Ashley!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)