Export Not Overwriting

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi , Is anyone else finding that when you make changes to a project that when you export it to the same destination it duz not over write ?

I have also tried exporting it to a new folder and still the old files get exported.

I am using 177 beta.

• Might be why I am having troubles getting new version to update on Kongregate

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's offline cache, you might add Browser plugin and implement something to check update, if is new update, it appears downloading new update text and restart page.

• I never export my games to the same folder twice. At least, I delete the export content and do it all over again... and so should you, I think.

• I never export my games to the same folder twice. At least, I delete the export content and do it all over again... and so should you, I think.

I have done this and still the 1st exported copy gets exported,

I have closed and rebooted the programs, even deleted folders off the server and reloaded with the new folder, still the same,

I have open the index.html of the exported in notepad and copied that into a server file and the same result, this leads me to believe that the error is in construct2 source not exporting/overwriting the changes ,

I have installed 173 again and running that from a flash drive and the same is still happening.

• Offline.appcache is I think the culprit

During early tests, I delete it, and I have no problems.

Edit:but your problem seems different actually, now that I read it again

• Try exporting through Node-Webkit and check if the changes worked. If yes, there might be a cache / server files problem, no?

Also, when you update your project, you should delete all files that you exported and reupload the new ones to replace them. This is what I've done and it works for me.

• I have not had this problem before, we think now it maybe something to do with the hosting company and cache on their side.

Said they were going to turn it off.

• I have not had this problem before, we think now it maybe something to do with the hosting company and cache on their side.

Said they were going to turn it off.

This fixed it.

thanks every one.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)