Export/Open Error: Cannot open file C:\Users...\shaders.js

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

I have a file that seems to have corrupted while working on it. If I click "Run Layout", I get an error. If I open on a new computer, or existing, it fails to open the project.

Referencing the error images below:

-When I use my computer that already has the file open try to Run any layout, I get the first error message.

-If I attempt to open the file on any computer, I get the 2nd message. It has retroactively messed up my last 3 saves and can't open any of them.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104143348/ErrorTest1.capx

Description of Capx

Seems to be attempting to go to a temporary folder for assets (specifically font30b), doesn't seem safe that something is stored there. I haven't touched the asset or the folder that it is stored in. My project ran last night, I woke up int he morning and it stopped running.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 - open file - Error message should pop up
    • Step 2 - IF step 1 is successful (but it shouldn't be), click run layout
    • Step 3 - Error message should pop up

Observed Result

Error popups of not being able to access required files

Expected Result

Error popups of not being able to access required files

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 build 10240

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hopefully you have the autosave and backups setup, because there is nothing that can be done with this file unfortunately.

If you unzip, you will see that the Files, Animations and Textures folders are missing. There is nothing anyone can do to bring them back.

Check the folder where you had this project for .backup and .autosave files. If found, just remove the suffix to leave .capx.

• Hopefully you have the autosave and backups setup, because there is nothing that can be done with this file unfortunately.

If you unzip, you will see that the Files, Animations and Textures folders are missing. There is nothing anyone can do to bring them back.

Check the folder where you had this project for .backup and .autosave files. If found, just remove the suffix to leave .capx.

Can this not happen to backup or .autosave files? Has anyone found a solution/reason for this issue? That's very scary, I lost days on projects before due to this. I do have the backups, but they never opened for me. Thanks for the last tidbit of information on how to open them.

• This has happened before, but no one can provide a single method of reproduction.

It could be caused by anything from an overactive antivirus program, or losing sync when using a cloud or external device as your project drive. No one really knows as yet.

Best advice - ensure you manually save regularly, and have the 3 different backup location folders setup.

• Closing as there are no steps to reproduce and the .capx link returns 404 not found, so there is nothing I can do here.

• I know this is an old post.

I didn't want to make a new one because it would have had the same result.

I just had the same issue and wanted to report in case it helped somehow.

Here are the actions that I did before it happened.

I open an existing project in order to change xml color theme.

Preferences>Colors.

I selected a theme and changed colors a few times. I was happy with the result so I decided to edit my capx a small bit.

I then changed a local number variable that had to do with sound volume from "2" to "1.5".

When I clicked preview it seemed like it tried to auto save at the same time as starting preview.

I then received the shader.js error.

I reloaded my capx and it is working normally.

Not sure if it was coincidence or not.

R243 64

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)