Export progress bug - happens on any CAPX.

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • How to reproduce:

Open any project, go to File, then Export project, select HTML5 website (I have tried that one, as well as the WiiU exporter only), then click Next, and then Next again.

At this point, you can either click "Export" or press "Enter"... immediately after this screen closes, press "Enter". The progress bar for exporting disappears, and nothing is visible... which makes the program appear to hang. Sometimes the export finishes, but sometimes it stays in an infinite loop. (I left it over night once... on an export that usually takes 20-30 seconds)

This is bad for many reasons... sometimes when you export, you just want to go to the next steps fast by pressing enter 5 or 6 times to get through the steps... but if you press enter too many times... you have to pray that it exports fine. I'm sure this is an easy fix... I'm guessing it has something to do with the events in the progress bar window that comes up.

Thanks!

PS. Happens on at least as far back as r159 till the latest beta

• Happens on r162 still.

• Blah, was hoping it wouldn't, but it still happens on the stable release r163.

• Quit hitting enter... LOL Just sayin...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Quit hitting enter... LOL Just sayin...

Hahaha... hard to break the habit.

• Are you positive the window isn't dropping behind the first? As if the extra click registers for the other window, and pulls it on top of the progress window? (and if it should ask a question, it would appear as a hang?)

I've seen other programs do that, but haven't tried it here..

• Are you positive the window isn't dropping behind the first? As if the extra click registers for the other window, and pulls it on top of the progress window? (and if it should ask a question, it would appear as a hang?)

I've seen other programs do that, but haven't tried it here..

The reason I know this isn't the case, is because after you press "enter", the window disappears, the status in the status bar of the main window disappears, and next time you export - NOTHING shows up... the window just freezes, until the export is finished.

• Happens in 164.2 as well.

• Still happens in 165.

• Hope in the next release they fix this :/

• Let me understand this better.

Your hitting Enter when the Export conversion starts because you want it to go Faster or is it a Double enter out of habit?

I would have never know about this error. This is kinda super low priority.

Also my 50mb exported in 30 seconds still.

• Should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)