export to xna idea

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Maybe it is a sci-fi, but I think that would be a great idea if construct could export games to xna, so we would be able to put games on xbox live. New Action Game Maker form enterbrain( creators of Rpg Maker) have this feature.

• As cool as that would be, wouldn't it require some sort of deal with Microsoft? I would think that there'd be licensing fees, quality checks from Microsoft, etc... which pretty much means that open source would be out the window and Ash and crew would have to come up with a truckload of money.

Unless Microsoft is just really lax about what kind of things they allow on their consoles. I mean, I know Torque can make 360 games too, but I don't know what they had to go through to get to that point.

• I'd prefer Java or straight .NET/Mono if Construct were to go down that kind of route, really.

• As far as i know, XNA express is a free software. You have to pay for account with xna club. Anyway, i wonder how it will work with Action Game Maker. I reed that for game to be placed on marketplace, xna comunity has to allow it to be placed there.

• I think you can publish games to XBox live so long as you pay a $99 yearly subscription. I think the end users who want to publish their games will have to pay that too, but it's affordable. It's a cool idea, but I don't have an XBox, which kinda falls at the first hurdle with that.

• As far as i know, XNA express is a free software.

Yes... but it's also made by Microsoft.

I really don't know how the whole licensing/quality control thing works though, so maybe it wouldn't be an issue. That Action Game Maker thing doesn't seem terribly professional, judging from how their website is written*. So who knows... maybe any Tom, Dick, or Harry can make a program that makes 360 games.

What would definitely be an issue though is the work it would take to make Construct export 360 games.

*(Might just be a translation issue though)

• I think you can publish games to XBox live so long as you pay a $99 yearly subscription. I think the end users who want to publish their games will have to pay that too, but it's affordable. It's a cool idea, but I don't have an XBox, which kinda falls at the first hurdle with that.

XNA can deploy on PC too, and for free. it'd be neat to basically export construct games to XNA source or whatever, where you could then deploy it to PC or 360.

• ashley@ i haven't got 360 aither, but onother few milion poeple has. Feature like that would make Construct The favorite tool of masses. Think about future Ashley. I`ve got few projects putted on hold, which i would love to develop on console ( becouse they are verry much console style games ) and which are going to be commertial projects.

deadeye@ I'll go a bit off top, but action game maker is in development by enterbrain whose rpg makers always were high standards, since thie first rpg maker ever relised on snes. Pc rpg maker XP and VX are semi-pro softwares.

Full description of xna versions and its features can be found on Wikipedia - Microsoft XNA

[quote:2b41p7hm]Xbox 360 games written in XNA Game Studio can be submitted to the Creators Club community, for which premium membership is required, this costs US$49 for 4 months or US$99/year. All games submitted to the community are subjected to peer review by other creators. If the game passes review then it is listed on Xbox Live Marketplace. Creators can set a price of 200, 400 or 800 points for their game. The creator is paid 70% of the total revenue from their game sales as a baseline, however, the title may be featured in advertisements on Xbox LIVE and other Microsoft online properties, an additional 10-30% of the revenues are deducted to pay for the increased exposure.

• ashley@ i haven't got 360 aither, but onother few milion poeple has.

Yeah, but its gonna be pretty darn hard to write an "export to XBox 360" thing without being able to test it myself

• > ashley@ i haven't got 360 aither, but onother few milion poeple has.

>

Yeah, but its gonna be pretty darn hard to write an "export to XBox 360" thing without being able to test it myself

There must be a way around. i think that if xna file exported from construct will work on the pc, it should work on 360 to. maybe you know someone with an 360 who would lent it to you ( hopefuly )?

• Just write to Microsoft and say "I'm a developer gimme a free XBOX"

• Just write to Microsoft and say "I'm a developer gimme a free XBOX"

actualy microsoft may see a potential income in supporting construct.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Somebody needs to buy Ashley an XBox360

• Well I know that they had them on the Expert zone site in the US for about 100 dollars plus you had to do a few quizzes (they take like 5 min to do) and you paid the 100 dollar "software fee" and they sent you a 360 premium with two games. If anyone works for a retailer that sells games I.e. best buy Game stop, game crazy, or TOYS R US. **Looks at Ansmes** they can sign up for the site here: http://expertzone.microsoft.com/welcome.aspx I would try it myself because I used to work at gamestop but they changed the site and I was taken out of the system, so I dont want to risk getting into trouble.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)