Exported & hosted version has a problem with system-create

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Problem Description
I have been working on a project that will have some server related elements (ajax) and things were working fine and I had loaded test versions on a server and everything worked fine. Recently things have stopped working on the version exported and hosted on the server. Most specifically "system create" does not create things, but other things have been noted. If an sprite/object has been loaded onto the layout in advance, then it can be accessed and utilised. the only thing i can think of that was changed significant was the addition of the browser element so that i could look at the query string.

Attach a Capx
http://149.157.140.178/nebula/index.html
http://149.157.140.178/nebula/debug1.capx


Description of Capx
I am attaching a stripped down version of my programme. it has 1 event sheet with 4 events. it should create 3 objects and utilise 1 existing. i am also providing a link to the hosted version. the capx does exactly what it wants locally and doesn't work when hosted. I have tested this on chrome/ie11/firefox and i am using a win81 laptop. I do not have another machine to test it with at the moment. I have not been able to remove all the things like browsers, keyboard, mouse plugin objects as i do not know where to find them to remove them.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
run the weblink for index.html

Observed Result
the objects that need to be created do not get created and all you see is some pink text in the corner on a white background

Expected Result
you should see the pink text on a black background, a piece of text that gets shows the tick count, incremented every second, and another piece of text that floats up off the screen.

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES)
  • FireFox: (YES)
  • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID
175 but was on 173 when i first noticed this
B
7
S
3
G
1
Posts: 184
Reputation: 1,352

Post » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi, I got around this my randomly tweaking things, removing things, ya ya ya...

however I hope someone looks at this issue... if you can't trust the local copy to behave the same as the remote copy, then the fundamental concept of Scirra, or any development tool like this, is flawed. I can accept random errors and dependencies causing issues, but the discrepancy between local and hosted versions really has hurt my confidence in the tool.

R
B
7
S
3
G
1
Posts: 184
Reputation: 1,352

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:26 pm

'Create object' is a particularly old, reliable and well-tested part of the engine. It seems more likely you are making a mistake during the upload process than that there is an issue in Construct 2.

If you want this investigated further please provide a minimal project made from scratch - your project includes logic and many unnecessary objects that is not directly related to 'Create object'. If there really is a problem with that action, it should be provable with just 1-2 objects and 1-2 actions in the project. If that does not reproduce the problem it indicates that something else is to blame; following this process you should be able to post a new bug report that accurately identifies the real issue in C2 (if there is any) or point out your own mistake.
Scirra Founder
B
397
S
236
G
88
Posts: 24,420
Reputation: 194,549


Return to Closed bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests