Exported project to html5 - loading bar problem.

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Problem Description

Exported project to HTML5 (standard export without manify) not complete downloading when run in browsers. I use default loading bar with loading icon. HTML5 bar switch to red and stop at around 95%. My project have aroud 50 pictures (500kB), 40MB momery use. I use big images (project is HD).

Eny tips how to solve it? All pervious projects works without problem!

Preview work without problems.

Thanks!

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Opera: YES
    • Internet Explorer: not support multiplayer plugin

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7, SP2

Construct 2 Version ID

r.184

• Unless you attach a .capx with instructions, Ashley will more than likely just close this as he has no way of reproducing the error.

• I will not upload .capx!

If someone face with this problem, just tell me and I will try it. Should I search for the problem inside project?

• I scan all the layouts again, action by action and not find any problems. Preview work good without any problems too. Any tips?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm I must have corrupted Construct 2 because I delete almost all Layouts and leave just first two. After export preload stop at 97% (red loading bar). I will reinstall it for sure.

• If the loading bar turns red, an error occurred loading one of the images and the browser error console (ctrl+shift+j) will have more information. Commonly this is just because you forgot to upload one of the images and does not mean it's a C2 bug. What does the browser console say and can you link us to the uploaded demo that is not working?

• Got the same problem a few minutes ago, I fixed it because one of my sprites contained "special characters" (german "ü").. changing "ü" to "ue" fixed it... I already had though about getting an error with using those chars, but Construct2 accepted them, so I tryed it

• If the loading bar turns red, an error occurred loading one of the images and the browser error console (ctrl+shift+j) will have more information. Commonly this is just because you forgot to upload one of the images and does not mean it's a C2 bug. What does the browser console say and can you link us to the uploaded demo that is not working?

You are right. Pictures not load correctly because of "not allowed" characters in name. Maybe not supported characters should be restricted in C2 because of this.

BTW. Why sometimes is fast movement not smooth even with 60fps? If you create "hockey" arena and small ball inside (walls have Solid behaviour) with Bullet behaviour - for example speed to 1000. Smooth of movement change (not speed) and it looks bad. Debug and FPS not show anything wrong. Is it normal? Tested in Chrome, Opera, Firefox.

AND WHY you remove some sections from manual? I have older one with Multiplayer etc. New one have missing them - only Websocket is there. Why?

And Send to Peer work only as Host. If you are Peer and want send message directly to another Peer, message not arrive. Only from Host.

• This section is for Bugs in C2 and it's been proven there isn't a bug here.

The rest of your questions should be asked in the How Do I section.

• Closing as not a bug. Also note: Construct 2 supports unicode, but some servers may not, so it may be a server problem instead of a C2 problem if some special characters don't work. I can't comment on anything else you raised, in particular we have not removed anything from the manual for a long time, I'm not sure where you're getting all that from.

• If you not want to comment anything else, not my problem. I just want cooperate and help to find problems in C2. I will ask at different section than.

• Dear Ashley,

I verify mynual I downloaded in 2013 from this site and It have more capitols (Multiplayer for example) which actual NOT have! You should check it yourself.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)