Exporting to Android with Crosswalk

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • I'm having problems exporting to Android using Crosswalk, I keep on getting the error

"The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again."

From the tutorial by Ashley,

"Now export your project from Construct 2, choosing the Android option. For the export folder, export to the www subfolder in the XDK project location. (This should be where a template index.html already exists which we'll overwrite.)"

But there's no "www" folder in the XDK project folder, I tried creating one and the project doesn't work at all, if I export to the root folder of the XDK project I can run the project fine on the XDK's emulator but fails when building it.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

• Old info, just export the project from c2 to desktop or where you want, open xdk, open start a new project dialog, choose import an existing html5 project, browse the way to your project on desktop or somewhere, and export.

Dunno about the error, read the xdk topic above.

• I don't get it, should I create an www folder? an export it inside there? I'm completely lost even after reading the topic shinkan pointed out.

Can someone help me with this please?

• When you creating new blank project in XDX you will get a folder in location specified in XDK. In this folder there is already a folder called "www".

All you need to do is to export Android from C2 to XDK projects\"Your project name"\www

• Might be a problem with my XDK, whenever I create a new project the "www" folder isn't been created, it only creates a folder caleld "ProjectName" and on that folder 3 files are created: ProjectName.xdk , ProjectName.xdke and index.html.

I'm re installing the XDK, thanks for helping

• Might be a problem with my XDK, whenever I create a new project the "www" folder isn't been created, it only creates a folder caleld "ProjectName" and on that folder 3 files are created: ProjectName.xdk , ProjectName.xdke and index.html.

I'm re installing the XDK, thanks for helping

It's not the problem with xdk. I don't even know what exactly www folder are you talking about, i just export project as android and open it in this xdk window, and build then.

• Thanks for your help Sisyphus,

When you create a new project in XDK using "Start with a Blank Project" it creates a www folder in which you were supposed to export your project (android) from construct into.

Aparently this doesn't work.

I've just managed to export a blank project using the way you said.

Anyway I still am not able to make export my game, not sure why yet. But knowing that I can get a blank one to work I can dig into it until I find the issue.

Thanks for your help.

• Thanks for your help Sisyphus,

When you create a new project in XDK using "Start with a Blank Project" it creates a www folder in which you were supposed to export your project (android) from construct into.

Aparently this doesn't work.

I've just managed to export a blank project using the way you said.

Anyway I still am not able to make export my game, not sure why yet. But knowing that I can get a blank one to work I can dig into it until I find the issue.

Thanks for your help.

And after reinstall, you still getting the error?

• Is this happening when using XDK version 1199? I just downloaded that today and noticed some changes, and I believe I got a similar error message. I was able to build using Android Legacy. However, it seemed I have some issues using this method (lagging, sound cutting off etc). Only just started using it, so there may be more issues. If someone could help figure out how to set things up to be able to use the new Crosswalk for Android Cordova build method, that would be awesome.

Edit: I also notice I'm not able to use browser close action to exit the game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Odd, i noticed some changes in 1199 too, but i can't get any error.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)