Facebook and Twitter issues

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hello everyone!

I've come to a point where I need to implement social networking in my game and I can't get it to work the way I want.

I went on the facebook dev website and added my game as an app so I could get the App ID to enter it through the native plugin but it doesn't actually do anything when I try to prompt a post, even after I set an event to wait till facebook was ready. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong on that end.

For twitter I made a little bit more progress, I'm able to open a webpage where twitter confirms if you'd like to tweet the highscore or not, but the thing is that it's editable, which means that the person could just cheat and change their score. Ideally what I'd like for it to do is automatically tweet without needing to open up that webpage once you tap the tweet button and also tweet a screencap of the score to confirm that the tweet is legit. A perfect example of this is the way the game "Timberman" handles twitter. I have no idea where to start with this issue or if it's even possible.

Thanks for the help in advance!

• Help anyone?

• At this point I'd just like to know if it's possible or not.

• if you r previewing it it won't work (since localhost:50000 is not recognised by fb) but when you upload it to the server and go the url given by you on the dev page, it should work if all the details entered by you are correct

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've actually solved my Facebook issue, thanks! Although I'm still wondering if it's possible to customize twitter the way I want it to?

• Any ideas for my twitter issue?

• Giving it one more shot, help anyone?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)