Facebook group to support and install each others' apps

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:14 am

Im trying to roll the ball on a new facebook group dedicated to getting free installs of your published apps.. basically its a support network. I will install/ rate anything posted if im able.. the tradeoff is to try other peoples posted games too.

their is a huge community of developers and it would be awesome to help each other out.. even 50 installs can make a game viable..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1576441372584160/
living to learn...
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:19 am

Not sure what to think about that, I have mixed feelings.
On one side it's evil :) I mean it makes artificial traffic, which I don't like. But on the other side it could really help single developers (or small groups) to break through multi-million companies games from top of the list :)
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:43 am

shinkan wrote:Not sure what to think about that, I have mixed feelings.
On one side it's evil :) I mean it makes artificial traffic, which I don't like. But on the other side it could really help single developers (or small groups) to break through multi-million companies games from top of the list :)

I know some people will feel that way... but these services are commercially available.. dont think for a second big developers dont pay for cross promotion and installs.. this is a free resource with the intent of helping other people.. its not artificial any more than in game ads are for other games..

but im sure i will catch some backlash... its ok i have thick skin
living to learn...
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:51 am

yeah that's the thing, big companies will spend more money we will ever earn only for one marketing campaign :/
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:59 am

shinkan wrote:yeah that's the thing, big companies will spend more money we will ever earn only for one marketing campaign :/

yeah they will, but this an encouragment/support project.. absolutely nothing is required.. but its a worthwhile concept
living to learn...
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 am

Alright, I'm game. I'm just not sure if I'll be doing much other than lurking until I
A. Get a game on the market
B. Purchase a phone good enough to handle games (at the moment I've a 2.3.X cheapie Android phone)
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:47 am

"good" and "evil" are imaginary concepts, even life isn't fair, you're free to do whatever what you want.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:09 pm

Request is out .... let´s see how many just want ratings and never rate themselves ;-)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Joannesalfa wrote:

"good" and "evil" are imaginary concepts, even life isn't fair, you're free to do whatever what you want.

Yeah, but there is also something like common sense :D
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:17 am

so things going pretty well, several new games got installs reviews.. come on guys support the group.. nothing unethical about supporting each others games.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1576441372584160/
living to learn...
B
S

Next

Return to Distribution and Publishing