Facebook object on mobile

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Hello all,

After a day long search of c2, cocoonjs and facebook developer page documentation and forum posts, I think I am now eligible to ask this directly.

Can I use the facebook object in mobile app, especially to share player score (not neccessarily scoreboard)?

Cocoonjs doesn't seem to support it. I have tried it myself to no avail. I have enabled facebook extension from coconjs compilation page, added facebook object to my game, prepped the facebook developer page, enabled android usage but in the game, when I want to post, nothing happens. Current tutorial on cocoonjs made by @ashley already says this is not supported, anyways...

To make sure I did not make a mistake, I tried the same game in html5 export and it works perfectly.

Is there anything else I can do from c2 or cocoonjs side to make this work?

Does crosswalk support the official facebook object of construct 2?

I did use the browser objects go to url function to create a post on facebook, and it works, however it is a child's play to cheat with the score you are sending in the post. One just needs to edit the url and can post any score they want. Is there a way to circumvent this?

I cannot post an image without using facebook object; facebook does not accept the canvas screenshot url I put in the browser objects "go to url" function to make the post. Has anyone achieved this?

After a good week fighting to be able to put the game in the android market with advertisements, it is a little bit sad to not be able to use most basic of social functions in an easy way. I feel like this is hampering c2's potential a little bit.

Either that, or I just failed at making this work. Please help.
Regards;
Wind.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:40 pm

If your game has an actual web address rather than a google play, iTunes Store........ Then yes you can. If you are creating a true mobile app then I don't believe there are many options available other than using php calls from your own server to make facebook calls and use your mobile app to send calls to your server.

I know a lot of people would like a Facebook mobile plugin. I'm looking into whether or not jquery mobile would work in order to add mobile calls to the facebook plugin I'm creating.
www.h1k3.tech

We are here for you!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:07 am

thanks @lanceal, php server thing sounds doable. However, how am I going to get player's facebook login from my server? From their device facebook api gets their login status automatically and starts posting, does it work when I do the php server route?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:44 am

The fact the Facebook object does not work on CocoonJS is a documented limitation.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:19 pm

@Ashley, does the Facebook object work for Android applications [Crosswalk] and iOS [Ejecta]?

It should be for Android according to this https://www.scirra.com/blog/133/introdu ... to-android
B
S

Return to How do I....?