Facebook Plugin is never Ready

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Ready to use construct 3 game template and release to mobile divice.
  • It calls the "On user logged in" but never calls the "On ready".

I just can use Facebook properties after On ready, correct?

because in "On Loggen in" I´m not receiving any data: Firstname, lastname, UserID.

Any help?

• The userID came now with the "On logged in" and the name came with "On Name available" (just full bame, not first name nor LastName.

But I still don´t know what is the "On ready" for.

• On Ready is meant to prepare the Facebook "plugin" to be fully loaded and make the game ready to receive/send info or in other words make sure that expressions and actions can be used.

By the way, make sure that you set the right permissions during "Log In" action as well as make sure that they are approved in Facebook Developer app you created.

• frcol

I almost finish the documentation (to explain how to use the open graph..) and the files to integrate facebook in every app of contruct2 without any plugin.

see here: https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164418

anyway, I don't like any plugin of facebook because whene the player load the app, has to login inside the app (click something) to get the permission, that's is confusing for the user (sometime works, sometime not...)

because every app ask for the permission before the app loaded, and another important thing, with the plugin you have to make a lot of events, also loops to retrive a full hiscore or others things, with my files everything is loaded before the app open very fast, and your app when is loaded, has already 3 array inside construct2 with the user profile, the hiscores (from the 1st to the last) and the achievement of the app plus what achievement the player unlocked. and to to this, you have to put just 2 events, the php file will do everything, take a data, convert to an array, and send to the app.

plus, you can post a story inside the games feed like candycrush when someone finish a level with some score... etc

• Hi Ribis, don´t you have any code to share yet? I would appreciate to see it.

• Hi Ribis, don´t you have any code to share yet? I would appreciate to see it.

I will sell the documentations and the files (capx, php files) for a few bucks (15/20 $) ( if i can i will put inside the store of scirra)... I spent times to make the script and the documentation that make the array ready for construct2 etc...

and everything works perfects without do anything extra inside construct2 (for the events).

who try different plugin of facebook know how is frustrating to get work everything, and sometime could appear some bug....

I made these script for this, to make works without extra login or make extra events to get all data, especially when you have to get scores or other things...you have to make so much event and make the array inside construct2, and that is very frustrating and take a lot of time to do this...

the good thing of my files, is that you can integrate facebook with just 2/3 events inside your app (using ajax) and you will have everything before the app is loaded, when you call 1 ajax, you will load everything, and also you can post a score, achievements, and story very easy, using ajax

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Ribis, could you show us some of your games using this facebook integration?

I would be happy to pay 15 or 20$ if it works well and if you offer good support.

• Hey Ribis, could you show us some of your games using this facebook integration?

I would be happy to pay 15 or 20$ if it works well and if you offer good support.

Actually I'm making a documentation to make a feed story inside the feed games.

I don't have any app to show how works in a real game, but when I finsh the documentation, I will make the app published and everyone can see how works...

basically, in your capx doesn't change anything, I made some file in php and a new index to integrate the last facebook sdk to construct2, but you need just to call some specific ajax (inside construct2) call to retrieve a data, or post some data...

very easy to use and understand, and works better than a plugin (well, plugins I tried...)

no complicate way with the event to integrate facebook, and no extra login inside the app to retrieve the data.

for the support it depends, for now in this version I will relase is just a "base version", I mean:

-user profile (GET)

-hi-scores (GET AND POST)

-achievement (GET AND POST)

-feed story (1 template, end a level with some score) (POST)

-post inside the timeline of the users (POST)

if someone want more, just PM me and I will make work (for the cost, it depends what I have to integrate), anyway, in the documentation I will explain everything, what you have to edit, what you have to make inside the app....etc

• Ribis When do you expect to have this available for sale? Thanks.

• Ribis When do you expect to have this available for sale? Thanks.

CDogs1964 very soon the documentation is almost completed and I'm adding more feature for the gamesfeed, because the documentation will explain how to make a new feed story with php and facebook graph API

• can we post screenshot also?

• can we post screenshot also?

yes, you can do whatever you want with this "plugin"

basically, when you share something in facebook (feed story, post, etc...) you can set the url of the image before send the ajax, so that you have to save the screenshot in your server, and after that with ajax POST the url of the picture.

you can also make your own script and save in my files to work around facebook API.

for more information, read this topic: https://www.scirra.com/forum/integrate-your-app-to-facebook-last-sdk-works_t164418

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)