Faendyr Demo

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Here's my first game, first indie game in North Ossetia, it's about an ancient instrument with magical powers, you're the one who must retrieve it from the hands of evil!
There's a little demo available on http://www.indiepubgames.com/game/Faendyr - yeah I decided to take a part in that contest too(stark poverty bothers me much) so if you like it feel free to vote 5 for me! :)
The game is being constantly updated, if you find some bugs or have suggestions, don't hesitate to tell me, any critics are highly appreciated! Hope to post video soon! Cheers!

[url:3h7q6nek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhf8Qf-45qc1[/url:3h7q6nek]
Next goes promo video! :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:21 pm

was this made in construct?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Sure :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Strange... it starts up just fine until I click on "New Game", and then I can hear the music and sound effects but all I see is white (it isn't frozen, though).

I'll have to try it on a different computer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Damn, seems like this bug was caused by sound channels, I load 5-8 files into channels per layout. Btw what are your pc specs?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:21 am

Nice. It worked quite fine for me, with basic on-board Realtek AC'97 audio, though I think the sounds in general will need a bit more polish to them. I found the footstep sounds to be a bit distracting (maybe too loud or distinct), and a couple of them sounded noisy/distorted at the end of the sound.

I really liked the graphic design of this. I think it looks great. I'm envious of that talent.

I haven't gotten past a certain enemy with an affinity for percussion, but I think the player character will either need more martial arts ability, or weapons, if they are not already there. I envision this guy with a gun of some sort.

Speaking of that enemy, I guess I'm getting too slow in my middle-age to dodge very well, or the things that need to be dodged could be a tad slower. ;)

Very nice demo. I hope the project proceeds well for you. Now to see if I can get farther...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:50 am

[quote="Android-Music":1skefr2q]Damn, seems like this bug was caused by sound channels, I load 5-8 files into channels per layout. Btw what are your pc specs?[/quote:1skefr2q]

It's probably just because my computer is so old. I doubt anyone else will have the same problem.

WinXP Home
3.0ghz Athlon XP
2 gig DDR
Radeon 9800pro
AC'97 (onboard audio)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks guys :) ! Yeah I really want to implement advanced martial arts and a gun after the first enemy plus some hints in game. Caspis, your pc seems to be good enough, I think I've lost sense of optimizing with my Athlon Duo 2.8 Ghz and Audigy2 sound card. Guys I think I'll make step sounds lower, planning to rework the gfx a bit, you know, add some detail, plot and gameplay tricks cause the game is pretty boring for yet I think.

Btw could someone tell me how to make multiply bone structured enemies because when I try to add more than one guard they react all the same, I mean, when I hit one guard, another guard plays animation damage as well, or when one dies, another one dies too but their life count is different so that causes a lot of bugs too?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:42 pm

i guess that the bone movement effects every instance of the enemy object .
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Yeah, that's true.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your Creations