Fail. Spiritual game (WIP)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:05 am

Im starting to feel like alice down the rabbit hole now, lol. 3rd stage is a bit eerie - i like it. Im not sure how to put this - but i felt at the end of stage 2 that my conversation with the narrator wasnt over yet. When you start stage 3 its like a completely new topic, could be a smoother transition.

The mysterious atmosphere is enough to keep wanting to see the next stage, but the controls need work. What i would like to see is - when you go down a hill your speed shouldnt be capped, you should increase speed the same way a real wheel would.

The flying is cool for the part where you interact with the eye - but at all other times its a bit frustrating for me.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:22 am

[QUOTE=GenkiGenga] Im starting to feel like alice down the rabbit hole now, lol. 3rd stage is a bit eerie - i like it. Im not sure how to put this - but i felt at the end of stage 2 that my conversation with the narrator wasnt over yet. When you start stage 3 its like a completely new topic, could be a smoother transition.

The mysterious atmosphere is enough to keep wanting to see the next stage, but the controls need work. What i would like to see is - when you go down a hill your speed shouldnt be capped, you should increase speed the same way a real wheel would.

The flying is cool for the part where you interact with the eye - but at all other times its a bit frustrating for me.[/QUOTE]
thanks for perfect feedback again.
about conversation;
i'm think i will wrap it up in lvl 4 (its also bigger 3000px lvl.)
about controls;
i will make them easier. speed isn't capped actually. whole game is physics based. so i think if i disable linear damping it would be easier.

as i said, i can't create puzzling levels without flying. but as you suggested it can be limited.

also should i keep working with physics or just go with 8 direction and platforms. i feel like physics is more realistic and smooth. but i'm not sure.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:36 am

Sounds good!

Im surprised to hear that the speed wasnt capped - but i havent work much with it yet so im not too familiar.

I agree though, physics does seem the better way to go for this one. I wanna see stage 4 :)

ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:14 pm

@GenkiGenga
how about that;
http://kontinyu.com/nip/ground4.pngkontinyu2012-02-01 13:14:30
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:25 am

Looking good!