Fallout Shelter-style game

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Pack of illustrator graphic styles. Make your own logos, game titles, or anything you want.
  • What are your thoughts on whether or not a Fallout Shelter-style game could be made in C2? It seems to me the 2-D nature of the game could be done, but what about the underlying game model? Would that type of logic be too difficult to do in C2?

• Since you can set up the same logic in C2 as in most programming languages I think the only limit to complexity is in you and how well you can keep track of everything.

• It's a lot of variables to keep track of, and probably involves a lot more variables than any of us realize. Best thing to do in my opinion is to use a notebook to keep track of your variables and what they are tied to or affect. Having a physical 'map' like that always helps me not lose my place and screw up something big that I have to spend hours fixing,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ...the only limit to complexity is in you...

That is pretty catchy, and very very true.

• I guess it's makeable. But how, is another question.

You will need a lot of stuff beside the c2 project (Artwork, server, server scripts, database, SSL, and so on).

Then you must find a way to get it to mobile phones and tablets without loosing performance. Up to now this is the major problem that you will face if you would start such a project.

• Well, Fallout complexities may lie in the character development.

Story and dialogues have some deep hierarchy and are based on a character's traits.

As mentioned, you need to keep track of a lot of variables because every player decision

will affect the story. Unless you're going for a more linear gameplay.

The turn based battle engine and the loot system are defying areas the will make your

game succeed or not.

I'd love to play your game if it's ever done.

Fallout 1 and 2 are ageless classics for me.

Good luck.

• Thanks for the replies - lots of food for thought!

• Yes, you can do it with C2. I recommend building up your project as optimized as you can from the start. Webview can eat a mobile's resources pretty quickly.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)