Fallout

Discuss new games or share memories of old

Post » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:49 pm

How many of you guys played Fallout? I absolutly love it. Atmosphere, gameplay, graphics, characters, intro / cut scenes and of course scenario.

I guess it's my favorite of all times. Also love Arcanum as RPG too.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:16 am

Pretty random post :) Which Fallout are you talking about? I never played the original ones but did get into it with Fallout 3.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:09 am

onur wrote:How many of you guys played Fallout? I absolutly love it. Atmosphere, gameplay, graphics, characters, intro / cut scenes and of course scenario.

Fallout 1 and 2 are two of my favourite RPGs of all time. Out of the two I probably prefer 2, but they're both awesome.

Classic CRPGs are getting a really nice revival at the moment though, you've got stuff like Wasteland, Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity etc all coming out this year :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 am

Also enjoyed Arcanum a lot, never finished it though.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:22 am

One of the best post apocaliptic games ever done!
I'm not a insane, my mother had me tested

I'm an engineer. To save time, just assume I'm never wrong
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:25 am

lolpaca wrote:
onur wrote:How many of you guys played Fallout? I absolutly love it. Atmosphere, gameplay, graphics, characters, intro / cut scenes and of course scenario.

Fallout 1 and 2 are two of my favourite RPGs of all time. Out of the two I probably prefer 2, but they're both awesome.

Classic CRPGs are getting a really nice revival at the moment though, you've got stuff like Wasteland, Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity etc all coming out this year :D

Can't wait for them. Arcanum? You must finish it mate. It's fantastic even i like more mech. stuff then casts and spells.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 am

codah wrote:Pretty random post :) Which Fallout are you talking about? I never played the original ones but did get into it with Fallout 3.

Somehow i delete your quote :s Anyway, you are right: I always say Fallout but never think about 3 or Tactics :) My favorites are 1 & 2.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:44 pm

My favorite game of all time, as a gamer, is Fallout (1 or 2, doesn't matter).
Tactic's combat wasn't all that bad, though.

I'm a top-tier backer with Wasteland 2 - they have many people of the original team (you should recognize Brian Fargo). Finally after all those years I'm getting my fix!

The funny thing is, even though I adore Fallout (1&2), and have spent many playthroughs exploring every corner and every little bit of dialogue (even going as far as digging the conversation files to look for inaccessible branches - yeah I went that far) of that game, it's not a game I'd find fun to create. As a developer, I don't particularly enjoy the thing - worldbuilding and story are much better experienced than created (some people have a complete opposite view, and I'm glad!)

As a dev, I much prefer Dwarf Fortress.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Almost an über-game :)
B
S

Return to Game Discussions