Fallover clone

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I played a cool indie game earlier today called Fallover

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/08/ ... er_ar.html

So I had a go at doing something similar in Construct

By removing all friction and elasticity, it pretty much gives you freedom with the physics object, so acceleration and deceleration are done with changes to velocity rather than forces (so I could make it more arcade like a normal platform game) I added friction to the spinning block because otherwise you slide right off it and it just seems weird.

I wanna work on this more...I think it would be quite cool to play with a 360 controller when using the left stick makes you go left and right, but the right stick controls how you rotate...so I can imagine you jumping over an obstacle, hitting your legs, and then spinning yourself so you land back on your feet again otherwise you face plant heh

Anyway heres a quick attempt I had at it...sorry it's not 1 event

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/939828/fallover.cap

Press A to get back up again when u fall over

• Lol wtf xD

That has to be the weirdest thing ever D:

Nice job on the basic recreation mind you

~Sol

• woops didn't realise it was a MMF game until I was watching one of the crates rotate around really really slowly and it was jumping all over the place and i was like...wait a sec...thats really glitchy...ah its a mmf2 game! I thought the creator had written their own physics engine but I think MMF2 has an extension which uses box2d as well so yeah

• I lol'd

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Weird how I tried this once and never thought of using a "get up" button

:s

I was aiming for full physics platforming though.

• Perfect Clone xD

Muhahahahaah...

this is fun.

• Weird how I tried this once and never thought of using a "get up" button

:s

I was aiming for full physics platforming though.

I would like to see this, but remove the "get up button". Instead, replace it with an "is on ground" event. (detector object I guess.) Than make a full on failing limbs system (FoFLS� me ) like Shadow of the Colossus

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)