Family containers

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:33 pm

What do you think , should it be added ?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:44 pm

Are you talking about adding a family to a container, or a container to a family?

I can't really see any situation where either of these would be useful.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:56 pm

Containers to arrays , for example , when you want to add some containers to multiple objects that have the events , you need to add an array for each of these objects and picking conditions for each of those objects

Or , when you have multiple tank bases that act totally differently, and you need a turret for each of them

In my case , I am working on a rewind a la braid and I need to store each position each tick for multiple objects , now I'm repeating the events multiple times and this is counter-intuitive
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 pm

I'll +1 this; ran into a situation that requires this just the other day:

Multiple enemies, all with common behaviours and variables, sitting nicely in a family. Now I want each enemy to have a separate damage infliction hit box that moves around. Referring to each box requires some event sheet finagling that would be eliminated if I could simply call each damage box in the context of the family, instead of having to do weird things like for each family object -> pick nearest damage box just to let the engine know which one I'm talking about.

Okay, that's a pretty straightforward example, but some of the stuff I was doing required some more complex gymnastics that I wasn't happy with.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General