Family Solution

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:51 am

Yep. There is no way to use any model of creating a specific family instance... officially. There is a plugin that let's you create an object based on a string naming paramater.

I assure you I tried the same thing and thought the same thing. If you are doing Create Family, then the object will be random from the Family. If you Create Object which is in a family, then you will create the object..

Do you need to create the object. If your using store items. Should you just use one object, but have numerous frames/animations to distinguish the items. Then just use setAnimation/Frame.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Closing as the originally reported issue is by design.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:15 pm

@Ashley
@Jayderyu

That's fine, no hard feelings, but before you sweep this one under the rug as it were, consider for a moment just this -

If I want to quickly make a family group. And display one item from that group with all of its associated family instance variables, and animations, etc...How would I do that using the family object to call them?

An example for the more enlightened people listening to this thread: Take 50 unique items, each with their own instance variables (Cost, Item Number, Item Name, Description, etc.), and create an efficient piece of code that allows the user to click on any item and have that item display larger with all of its instance variables being picked and stored as local or global variables that can be used for the functionality of the store.

I ask this with the belief that there is an extremely efficient solution, otherwise, shouldn't families be able to do this???
Last edited by STARTECHSTUDIOS on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:43 pm

@Jayderyu - A fine suggestion - but I don't believe a single object can contain 50 various sets of animation dependent instance variables, nor would a single object with multiple animations serve to pick the correct instance variable along with each corresponding animation. If the solution is to simply code out each object individually, shouldn't there be a better, faster, stronger awesomer way???

This is Construct 2 after all!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Hello everyone,

This post has not been updated since a year ago. But I just bought the personal edition and started using the family feature, but i found the same issue, the exact same problem of the .capx with the color boxes, did you get any idea of how to deal with that ? Thanks
B
S

Previous

Return to Closed bugs