"Fanatic" Badge Farming!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Retro songs ideal for platformers or farming games
  • Tom Ashely Soo... The reason I know about this is because I've done it... And because I'm a selfish bastard I've not reported it.

One night I was editing my Scirra page and refreshing it to see how it looked, when I see I apparently visited the site ~400 days in a row and every time I would refresh the page it would ad 2 days. I then took adva- I mean tested to see if it would work again a couple hundred times. (Look, I already said I'm a selfish bastard, ok? Let's move on)

I got five gold badges and then I got tired and went to sleep. The next day this bug stopped working and I was too scared that my account would be banned to report it. Aand because I did not want to lose the badges... (yeah...)

I think the reason why this bug happened for one night is because the Daylight Saving Time had just started for UK (Where I believe you guys are situated) but didn't start for Romania (Where I live) for two more hours (Links: UK: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/uk/london Ro: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change ... /bucharest) and it would trick somehow the server to ad 2 days.

So I guess it would happen again on the 30th of October, but this time for countries west of the UK.

Also, I'm ok with you guys removing my 5 gold badges that I cheated for.

Good luck with fixing this bug!

• Tom ?

• Psst, badges don't do anything.

• this issue wold be very hard to fix, and rollback the effects, so if i know right, then Tom already disconnected the reward page from being logged in, so no more exp to gain, that means you can get medals, but not the exp.

• Psst, badges don't do anything.

this issue wold be very hard to fix, and rollback the effects, so if i know right, then Tom already disconnected the reward page from being logged in, so no more exp to gain, that means you can get medals, but not the exp.

Ok then, thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I logged in yesterday for the first time in AT LEAST half a year. I plan to start designing again, so I logged in, anticipating the incoming gaming laptop I recently started saving for.

I played some games, commented on some, checked out the badges, reputation, ect.

A couple hours later I got back on and noticed I'd accidentally gotten a gold badge? Whoa!

Except it was for Fanatic, and my page listed that I'd been online for 121 consecutive days!

I gained 500 rep for it, but I think the real rep would be from reporting the issue. I don't know who to talk to about this, but maybe this is a good place to start.

LightSide.

• I logged in yesterday for the first time in AT LEAST half a year. I plan to start designing again, so I logged in, anticipating the incoming gaming laptop I recently started saving for.

I played some games, commented on some, checked out the badges, reputation, ect.

A couple hours later I got back on and noticed I'd accidentally gotten a gold badge? Whoa!

Except it was for Fanatic, and my page listed that I'd been online for 121 consecutive days!

I gained 500 rep for it, but I think the real rep would be from reporting the issue. I don't know who to talk to about this, but maybe this is a good place to start.

LightSide.

From what I know Tom is managing the site, but he doesn't seem to respond to any post he's tagged in for some time...

Maybe they'll fix this in the future, but at the moment their focus is mainly on C3.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)