FarCry 2

0 favourites
  • Awesome.

I have only played about the first 20 minutes of the game, but so far it's rockin'. Much better than FarCry (one) and *cough* Crysis. It runs a lot better as well...

Current settings:

1920x1200 Resolution

Ultra High Settings

DX10 Enabled

8x AA

Multiplayer Framerate: 70-150, Average: 100

Single Player Framerate: 28-80, Average: 50

I would post some screen shots, but I left my computer before posting this... I should really bring it home xD

~Sol

• I could probably play it on the ol' xbox 360 i think... Unfortuantely my computer is now tuned towards music production rather than GAMING(zor).

I'll try and check it out if i get the appropriate amount of dollar.

• ? howd you try it, i saw some gameplat on GT looks reaaly slick

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I definately wanna get this soon. I still have Gears of War and Crysis to finish though.

Yeah, I know I'm behind but I only get chance to do a decent amount of gaming about once a week, since moving house there's been other things needed doing. I'm on the end boss of Crysis though, and on the train on Gears of War, dunno how far from finishing I am. Only just finished Call of Duty 4 a couple of weeks ago! I'll get more chance to game soon though, we're close to being settled in the house now.

Anyway, FarCry 2 looks pretty damn nice, I'll get it when I'm finished with the other games. Only one thing that bothers me. Why is it FarCry? By the looks of things, it has nothing to do with the first FarCry.

• "Far Cry" is such a fitting name, because it's a far cry from any game that will run on my computer lol (yeah, that's getting old huh?).

• "Far Cry" is such a fitting name, because it's a far cry from any game that will run on my computer lol (yeah, that's getting old huh?).

I will be forced to mail you hardware... for free...

~Sol

• > "Far Cry" is such a fitting name, because it's a far cry from any game that will run on my computer lol (yeah, that's getting old huh?).

>

I will be forced to mail you hardware... for free...

If that happens, I will be forced to start whining about my computer ... :twisted:

• Is this like Crysis, how the game looks really good but is not at all fun to play?

• >

> > "Far Cry" is such a fitting name, because it's a far cry from any game that will run on my computer lol (yeah, that's getting old huh?).

> >

>

> I will be forced to mail you hardware... for free...

>

>

If that happens, I will be forced to start whining about my computer ...

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

• Is this like Crysis, how the game looks really good but is not at all fun to play?

It's the other way around, actually.

• FarCry 2 looks just as good as Crysis, if not even better in certain ways... yet runs about 5x the frame rate.

FarCry 2 > FarCry 1 > Crysis

~Sol

• I hope they release a demo at some point(someting publishers rarely do anymore, it seems) so I can check it out. *crosses fingers*

• I just got Far Cry 2 on D2D and love love love it!!!! The graphics are just amazing! I have it in DX10 mode with everything on FULL and 1440x900 screen RES. (I know thats not a great RES but it is "HD")

So here are some screens like Sol was talking about at full RES. They are all from the In Game intro so no spoilers...I think

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/403/farcry21uw4.jpg

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6533/farcry22wk4.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1236/farcry23eg8.jpg

I took about 30 screenshots lol but don'y want to upload them all...Enjoy and GET THIS GAME!!!

• Yep

Looks just like mine xD

Great looking game, though I've had a few little niggly bugs with it so far, like some graphics glitches and it's crashed on me a couple of times (luckily I had saved not ling before though).

Overall I still rate it pretty high at this stage... pressing on with the missions will soon give me a better overview... providing I can get away from playing Sacred 2 for 5 minutes lol.

~Sol

• Well I finally finished both Crysis and Gears of War now, so I suppose I'd better buy Far Cry 2.

I notice the graphics, nice as they are, kinda play it safe for consoles. Still looks really nice, and if it runs as well as you guys say then it should be all good.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)