FB Instant game testing.. anyone having loading trouble?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • After battling with the developer dashboard I managed to get a simple project up loaded.

When I try and play it on messenger on my iphone 6 it always seems to fail at the same point:

It starts loading an stops at 74%. Every time.

Had a similar problem when trying to play Zen Pond. https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=201962

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their own testing?

• Found it!

It fails to load if you haven't added the "Facebook Instant Game" plugin to your project.

I suppose Messenger must be requesting something at 75% load time and just sits there forever if it gets no response.

SO - might help someone: If it fails to load in Messenger - check you've added the plugin!

• Lol schoolboy error

• Indeed.

Although I would have expected it to have fully loaded, but just not have any of the "Facebook Instant Game" API calls available.

Having scaling viewport fun now.

Change one setting, export, upload, run in messenger, look for result - repeat. For hours. And. Hours.

• Thanks, Stu!

• Indeed.

Although I would have expected it to have fully loaded, but just not have any of the "Facebook Instant Game" API calls available.

Having scaling viewport fun now.

Change one setting, export, upload, run in messenger, look for result - repeat. For hours. And. Hours.

Same here, my game is scaling nicely on the desktop, in a responsive viewport of dev console and in the mobile Chrome -- namely everywhere, except on Messenger. Seems like Messenger just ignores my scaling settings completely.

How is your progress?

• yeah scaling seems to be ignored.. so I'm not scaling stuff now..

Going ok today, got leaderboard working now, but really need to clear old scores while testing - but no option to do so in the Facebook dashboard and no way from construct.. could just keep creating new leaderboards when clearing them is needed.. its a work around for now.

So I'm also looking into sending messages using "Execute javascript" > put that may end the universe.

• On an iphone4, my app just blue screens when launched from facebook messenger, but it runs fine launched from the facebook app games menu. Game launches from messenger ok on all the android devices i have.

Any ideas?

• Submitted my app for review and had more issues with the leaderboard.

It works fine before it gets submitted and I try sharing it. The leaderboard doesn't get updated.

EDIT: Ignore this, it does work

• stuatk

i'm having trouble with the leaderboard, i just dont understand if i need to make it custom made in game with text object or it will use facebook's leaderboard interface

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • stuatk

i'm having trouble with the leaderboard, i just dont understand if i need to make it custom made in game with text object or it will use facebook's leaderboard interface

you need to make your own.

(If you just want to send an update to the thread you can use share leaderboard update)

• oh i see, and can we see the content of the leaderboard somewhere?

because in the dashboard all i can see is the general setup of the leaderboard like name and type etc, not content, maybe i should fill it up to show content or somewhere else i can see the content?

thanks for your reply!

• oh i see, and can we see the content of the leaderboard somewhere?

because in the dashboard all i can see is the general setup of the leaderboard like name and type etc, not content, maybe i should fill it up to show content or somewhere else i can see the content?

thanks for your reply!

no, you can't.

(you can request data to show in game. or request and post to console if you use own javascript call. It might be possible to request it in the graph api as well. but you will get json)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)