FBX or other 3D model support?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • Wasn't sure if a sprite could be built using a 3D object? If so, what formats are supported?

Thanks in advance!

• 3d models can't be directly imported

You would need to export them from your 3d software as a 2d image

• You can find a ton of 3D Models on sketchfab.com/store . They have a good selection.

• Hi palexeev.

I'm too new here to be sure, but that post may well be considered spam!

To those in the know: Should I report posts like that, or trust the staff and more experienced members to find them?

• You can report any post. There's a button on the top right of every post.

• While what R0J0hound said is true, it also helps to use a little common sense when identifying spam.

Is the linked site suspicious? Does the link contain any referral or affiliate I.D.? Is it off-topic from the conversation?

If you can say yes to any of those questions, then it's probably spam.

I did, however, do a quick image search of his avatar and he does indeed seem to be a user of that site.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything bad though. It just means that he's familiar with it and thought to suggest it.

But, do whatever you want.

• I've grown suspicious of sketchfab since I noticed they do a lot of pushing to get their api into other people's software- which I interpret as a marketing strategy.

They've engaged me in the past to put their api into my software, and I noticed today Godot just recently added some sketchfab api into theirs.

So.. I don't know what to make of it. That sort of stuff tends to turn me off.

• Odds are they didn't read the post and just assumed someone was looking for where to get 3D models.

As for display: There's a plugin called Q3D for Construct 2 that isn't likely to be ported to Construct 3 any time soon, but it does allow for 3D scenes/models/etc in Construct 2 (not a free plugin, but the developer behind it is awesome and deserves what it costs!)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ??...If you are using Blender/3d studio max/ Daz Studio/Carrara etc...

You could animate the character/prop in your 3D/chosen animation program (animate a walk cycle for example) then render out that as a .PNG sequence

Also, you could then use something like Spriter/spriter Pro (and the beta of the C3 addon) to animate those rendered images/your player ????

• Odds are they didn't read the post and just assumed someone was looking for where to get 3D models.

As for display: There's a plugin called Q3D for Construct 2 that isn't likely to be ported to Construct 3 any time soon, but it does allow for 3D scenes/models/etc in Construct 2 (not a free plugin, but the developer behind it is awesome and deserves what it costs!)

Hear hear for Q3D! Unfortunately it is still based on a 2015 version of three.js. I’m hoping someone does a modern port to the C3 runtime so I don’t have to try to make Unity WebGL work for our most recent game. Unity WebGL is pretty bloated compared to Q3D.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)